Low Carb Cauliflower Pizza Crust
Easy cauliflower pizza crust recipe
Cauliflower pizza crust is a great way to eat pizza without all the carbs from regular flour crusts! Instead of using high carb flour, this recipe for cauliflower pizza crust uses finely minced fresh cauliflower and low carb almond flour. What you get is a satisfying pizza crust that’s low carb and delicious. It’s lighter on calories but very high on flavor. Just add your favorites sauce and toppings and you’ll enjoy homemade pizza without the guilt.
Is cauliflower pizza crust crispy?
Because cauliflower has moisture in it, this crust isn’t ever super “crispy”. But it does have a wonderful bite, texture and much less carbs than regular flour crusts. The crust definitely has good texture and firmness but it’s not “crispy nor crunchy” all the way though. To make them as crisp as possible, squeeze out as much water as you can from the cauliflower to release maximum moisture. Also, make smaller personal size pizzas to get the crispier results. The smaller the crusts, the more crispy edges you get without the soft center. As with any pizza, the center crust is usually always the softest. So if you squeeze out as much cauliflower water as possible and make the crusts smaller, you’ll have less soggy crust.
Video: Recipe for Healthy Cauliflower Pizza Crust
How to make cauliflower pizza crust
We texted this recipe with both fresh cauliflower in the food processor and from a frozen bag of riced cauliflower. And surprisingly, the bag of frozen cauliflower worked just as great and it’s so much easier! If you’re using a frozen 10 oz bag of riced cauliflower instead of fresh cauliflower, the 10 oz. frozen amount still works fine. But make sure to thaw the frozen cauliflower, then squeeze as much moisture out as possible.
Cauliflower Pizza Crust
For the cauliflower crust:
- 1 lb. (454 g) finely riced fresh cauliflower (about 2 cups or about 1/2 head fresh cauliflower)
- 1 (1 ) large egg , beaten
- 1 cup (100 g) grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup (56 g) superfine ground almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) dried herbs
- freshly cracked ground pepper , to taste
- 1/2 cup (123 g) low carb homemade tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup (56 g) mozzarella cheese
- fresh basil
- pepperoni , sausage, peppers, etc.
- Preheat oven to 425°F/220°C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly oil the parchment paper.
- If using whole cauliflower, roughly chop the cauliflower and then pulse in the food processor until it forms a fine rice-like texture. Work in batches if needed and remove any large chunks that didn’t get chopped enough.
- Place the riced cauliflower in a large bowl and squeeze with paper towels or a clean kitchen towel to remove as much water as possible.
- Stir in the eggs, parmesan cheese, almond flour, garlic powder, onion powder, herbs and pepper and mix well to completely combine.
- Place the cauliflower mixture in a mound on the oiled parchment paper. Pat and press together to flatten and shape the crust into a 12-inch round or square shape about 1/4-inch (6mm) thin.
- Bake the cauliflower crust for about 20 minutes or until it firms up and is light golden around the edges. Remove from oven and allow the crust to cool for about 5-10 minutes so it can become a little more firm.
- Add your favorite toppings and return the pizza to the oven. Bake for about another 10 minutes, or until the cheese melts and toppings are cooked.
More Low Carb Pizza Recipes in our Collection!
Check out this cool low carb lasagna made with zucchini. No pasta, just fresh and healthy zucchini slices!