Low Carb Tomato Sauce with No Added Sugar
Buying low carb or keto tomato sauce is expensive. Homemade low carb tomato sauce is so easy and way more budget friendly. Best of all, it’s so quick to make and you can customize the spices to your liking! Everyone is always complaining about how expensive different brands of low carb tomato sauces are. We’re say to make your own with our recipe that’s keto friendly and no added sugar. Yup, it’s definitely finished in 5 minutes in the blender and instantly you have a low carb marinara sauce. You an use it for zucchini noodles, dipping or when ever your recipe calls for keto friendly low carb marinara sauce.
Video: Recipe for Low Carb Tomato Sauce
Homemade Keto Friendly Marinara Sauce in 5 minutes
Our recipe uses a can of crushed, pureed or plum tomatoes but choose the one with no added sugar (check the ingredient label when buying). It all goes in a blender with a little olive oil and your favorite spices. We love garlic powder, onion powder and some dried herbs. The flavors are fantastic and it’s way cheaper than buying pre-made jarred sauces. You can also cook the sauce on low simmer for for about 10-15 minutes if you want. This concentrates the flavors a little more and cooks the sauce, especially when you’re using it straight for dipping.
How To Make Easy Keto Tomato Sauce
- Use canned tomatoes. You can use pureed, chopped or whole tomatoes. Just make sure it has no added sugar and very little natural sugar.
- The spices is what gives so much flavor. We love using garlic powder, onion powder, dried herbs and a touch of red chili flakes. If you don’t like heat, it’s optional.
- Add the tomatoes, olive oil and spices to a blender. Pulse for a few minutes and done!
- All recipe details for this low carb tomato sauce are in the recipe box below.
Here’s our popular–> Low Carb Pizza Crust Recipe using Almond or Coconut Flour!
This recipe is based on canned tomatoes with no added sugars. If you want your sauce sweeter, you can use 1 teaspoon of carb free sweetener like monk fruit, stevia, etc.
Makes 4 cups.
- 28 oz. canned tomatoes (crushed, chopped or whole plum peeled)
- 1/4 cup olive oil (avocado or grape seed oil)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt , or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper , or to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons dried herbs (oregano, basil, thyme, parsley)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
Add all ingredients to blender (canned tomatoes, olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, herbs, and optional red pepper flakes). Pulse until smooth.
- Taste for seasonings and adjust to personal preference if you like.
- Store in sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.