Air Fryer Keto White Fish (15 min) with Lemon Pepper
If you haven’t used your air fryer in a while, it’s time to take it out and put it to good use. This air fryer keto white fish only takes about 15 minutes and it’s delicious! The tender flakes of fish cook perfectly and it’s a great quick and easy air fryer low carb fish dinner for your busy weeknights.
Why we love this Air Fryer Keto White Fish Recipe
The hot air frying air really cooks the white fish to a perfect texture. And it’s all finished within about 10-15 minutes or less. If you like your fish more cooked through, it just takes an additional minute in the air fryer. Best of all, you barely need any oil because the heat of the air fryer cooks the fish so fast and moist that it rarely gets a chance to dry out. Also, we love adding lemon pepper for a bright and flavorful seasoning to the healthy fish .
Video: Air Fryer Keto White Fish Recipe
Best types of white fish for air frying
There’s many different options of white fish for air frying. Budget friendly white fishes are still great to air fry, but if you want to use a more expensive cut these will cook great too. Different fish options are: sustainably sourced tilapia, cod, halibut or sole.
Tips for Air Frying white fish
- Gently rinse and pat dry the fish filets. Remove any small bones.
- You can use any type of seasoning that you like. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder or your preferred spices. We love using lemon pepper on white fish.
- To keep from the fish from sticking, lightly spray the air fryer basket/rack or lay a perforated parchment sheet or silicone mat.
- Different cooking times: Some fish filets are thicker than others. Halibut and Cod filets are thicker than tilapia filets. So if air frying with halibut or cod, add an additional 1-2 minutes until it’s cooked to your preferred texture.
- Air Frying in multiple batches: If you’re air frying in a larger air fryer with multiple filets (3-4), then you will need to add more cooking time.
- If you like crusted fish with a low carb breading, check out our air fryer parmesan crusted white fish recipe.
- More air fryer low carb fish recipe details in the recipe box below.
Air Fryer Keto White Fish With Lemon Pepper
- 12 ounces (340 g) tilapia filets , or other white fish (2 filets-6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) onion powder , optional
- sea salt , to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper , to taste
- fresh chopped parsley , optional
- lemon wedges , optional
- Pre-heat Air Fryer at 380°F/193°C for 5 minutes.
- Gently rinse and pat dry the fish filets. Spray or coat with olive oil spray and season with garlic powder, lemon pepper, and/or onion power, salt and pepper. Repeat for both sides.
- Prevent sticking: To help minimize the fish from tearing and sticking during flipping, lay perforated silicone mat or air fryer parchment paper inside base of air fryer. Lightly spray the liner (if not using a liner, spray enough olive oil spray at the base of the air fryer basket to make sure fish does not stick).
- Lay the fish on top of the liner or paper. Make sure the filets are not overlapping. Optional, add lemon wedges to air fryer if desired.
- Air Fry at 380°F/193°C for about 6-12 minutes, or until fish can be flaked with a fork or to your liking. Timing will depend on how thickness of the filets, how cold the filets are, & individual preference.
- (optional) Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve warm with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Information per Serving
Solutions to keep the fish from sticking to air fryer base
This air fryer keto white fish is very fragile and can easily tear or break up if you move, flip or turn the filet. If your fish tears or sticks to air fryer wire racks or baskets, try these non-stick liners.
- Non stick reusable silicone liners can be found here. Fish air fries perfectly and barely sticks to the liner. They’re easy to clean too. You can release the fish, salmon or even chicken in one whole piece!
- Parchment liners. These work good too but are single use. Also, don’t preheat the air fryer with just the parchment. If no food holds down the parchment, it will fly around and possibly hit the heating element and burn. Read more about air fryer parchment liners here.
- You can also use aluminum foil for this air fryer tilapia recipe.
Do Perforated Parchment Paper Liners Work?
No sticking and easy cleanup but they are not re-usable. The silicone liners we talked about are better for using continuously. It makes cooking delicate fish so much easier to release without sticking or tearing the fish. These air fryer sheets are perforated, which allows air to circulate through and provide more even cooking. They are super easy to use. There’s many different sizes, so make sure you buy the one that fits your air fryer basket! You can buy the parchment liners here.
Tips for Storing Leftover Fish
The fish is so good, you might not have leftovers! We store it in the fridge for about 2 days and try to eat it right away. But if you can’t eat it within 2 days, then freezing is the next option. If you have leftovers, freeze it in airtight bags or containers. We usually don’t like to freeze fish for too long as it might get freezer burn. Try to eat the frozen leftover fish within a month. Before eating, thaw it in the fridge overnight. Then you can heat it for a few minutes in the microwave or on a pan. Hope you enjoy this air fryer keto white fish recipe!