Best Tuna Salad Recipe
Every loves our tuna fish salad recipe because it has so much flavor and texture. But best of all, it’s super duper easy to make. Our recipe has delicious chunks of celery, sweet relish (or chopped dill pickles) and herbs. The fresh herbs is what really makes our recipe so great. Everything about it is amazing and it’s hard to not sneak a few spoonfuls before it’s shared with others. That’s why we have to make a big batch! It’s such an easy tuna salad recipe that we make ahead of time because it’s great in on lettuce leaves. Add it on a bed of lettuce or leaves with alfalfa sprouts and a few slices of cucumber. It’s a low carb, delicious and perfect satisfying lunch. Sometimes we’ll mix it up a bit and add it on slices of cucumber so it’s like a low carb open faced “sandwich”.
VIDEO: Super Easy Tuna Fish Salad Recipe !
It’s so good and flavorful that we don’t even need salad dressing! This tuna salad is also a great picnic recipe that can be pre-made in big batches, chilled and brought out to serve for large groups. For picnics where we bring tuna salad as a potluck, we’ll serve it with a side of crispy raw veggies is a hit. It’s a light and healthy way to share a crowd favorite at a potluck. If you can make low carb or keto bread, make it into a tuna bruschetta!
Check out more of our—> Healthy Seafood Recipes
- 14 ounces albacore tuna
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 1 stalk celery , diced
- 2 Tablespoons pickle relish
- 2 Tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 teaspoons mustard
- zest 1 medium lemon
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh dill (1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 Tablespoon minded fresh parsley (1 teaspoon dried)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt , or more to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper
- lettuce , spinach or cucumber slices for serving (optional)
- In bowl, add mayonnaise, celery, relish or pickles, red onion, mustard, lemon zest, lemon juice, dill, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Gently stir everything together until it's combined well. Add the tuna and fold into the dressing until everything is combined well.
- Taste the tuna salad and adjust seasonings to personal taste.
- Serve on lettuce, spinach or slices of cucumber.