Healthy White Fish with Lemon and Capers
Low Carb White Fish with Lemon Sauce
Healthy white fish is always a fantastic way of eating cleaner. Our white fish recipe with lemon and caper sauce is perfect for that! White fish like tilapia, halibut, sole and cod are always fantastic options for healthy seafood dishes. White fish is always a favorite and popular fish to cook up because it’s clean tasting and always healthy, especially with a light lemon sauce. There’s so many different white fishes you can cook: tilapia, cod, halibut, mahi mahi, haddock, sole or flounder. There’s so many options and they all cook up great with this white fish recipe that you should try to new type of fish if you’re always eating the same one. If you’re hungry for a light and quick dinner, then this low carb fish recipe is for you.
Watch video of Healthy White Fish with Lemon Caper Sauce:
Click Here for —> Super Easy Garlic Salmon in Foil Recipe
Fish with Lemon Caper Sauce
- 12 ounces (340 g) (two 6-ounces fillets) firm White Fish (tilapia, cod, mahi-mahi, sole, flounder)
- 1 Tablespoon (30 ml) Olive Oil or Butter
- 1 medium (1 medium) Shallot , minced or 2 Tablespoons minced onion
- 2 cloves (2 cloves) Garlic , minced
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) dry White Wine or stock or broth
- zest of 1 medium Lemon
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) Lemon Juice
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) Capers , rinsed
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) minced Parsley
- Kosher Salt or Sea Salt, to taste
- fresh ground Black Pepper , to taste
- (optional) red Chili Flakes
- Season the fish with salt and pepper on both sides. Heat non-stick frying pan on medium heat. Add olive oil or melt the butter in the warm pan.
- Add the fish. Cook on both sides until each side is browned. A light crust should form. Don't over cook the fish and make sure it's still moist. Gently and carefully remove the fish from the pan and set aside.
- In the same heated pan, add the shallot (or minced onion) and garlic. Cook until tender and translucent.
- Add the wine (or stock/broth), lemon zest and lemon juice. Heat the sauce until it gently starts to boil. Reduce heat.
- Simmer the sauce for about 2 minutes or until it reduces a bit. Add capers, parsley, salt, and pepper to taste. Add optional red chili flakes.
- Return the fish to the pan and cook for about another 1-2 minutes or until the fish is warmed in the sauce. Serve warm.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).