Healthy White Fish with Lemon and Capers
Healthy white fish is always a fantastic way of eating cleaner. Our white fish recipe with lemon and caper sauce is perfect for that! White fish like tilapia, halibut, sole and cod are always fantastic options for healthy seafood dishes.
Low Carb White Fish with Lemon Sauce
White fish is always a favorite and popular fish to cook up because it’s clean tasting and always healthy, especially with a light lemon sauce. There’s so many different white fishes you can cook: tilapia, cod, halibut, mahi mahi, haddock, sole or flounder. There’s so many options and they all cook up great with this white fish recipe that you should try to new type of fish if you’re always eating the same one. If you’re hungry for a light and quick dinner, then this low carb fish recipe is for you.
Watch video of Healthy White Fish with Lemon Caper Sauce:
Other types of fish for this skillet recipe?
- You can certainly cook this recipe with other types of fish. This recipe is photographed with tilapia.
- Different types of salmon are great. The rich flavors of the salmon also complement well to the lemon caper sauce.
- Cod is another great option as well.
- Halibut is nice. It’s a thicker and more expensive white fish, but definitely worth the effort.
- And if you get any type of trout, that’s fantastic too.
- Also, make this recipe with shrimp! there’s many possibilities for this recipe to make it a great seafood dish with the lemon caper sauce.
- Hope you enjoy this recipe and please share your comments below. We’d love to hear your thoughts. This recipe was originally published in 2018 and re-published in 2020 with updated video.
Fish with Lemon Caper Sauce
- 12 ounces (340 g) (two 6-ounces fillets) firm White Fish (tilapia, cod, mahi-mahi, sole, flounder)
- 1 Tablespoon (30 ml) Olive Oil or Butter
- 1 medium (1 medium) Shallot , minced or 2 Tablespoons minced onion
- 2 cloves (2 cloves) Garlic , minced
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) dry White Wine or stock or broth
- zest of 1 medium Lemon
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) Lemon Juice
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) Capers , rinsed
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) minced Parsley
- Kosher Salt or Sea Salt, to taste
- fresh ground Black Pepper , to taste
- (optional) red Chili Flakes
- Season the fish with salt and pepper on both sides. Heat non-stick frying pan on medium heat. Add olive oil or melt the butter in the warm pan.
- Add the fish. Cook on both sides until each side is browned. A light crust should form. Don't over cook the fish and make sure it's still moist. Gently and carefully remove the fish from the pan and set aside.
- In the same heated pan, add the shallot (or minced onion) and garlic. Cook until tender and translucent.
- Add the wine (or stock/broth), lemon zest and lemon juice. Heat the sauce until it gently starts to boil. Reduce heat.
- Simmer the sauce for about 2 minutes or until it reduces a bit. Add capers, parsley, salt, and pepper to taste. Add optional red chili flakes.
- Return the fish to the pan and cook for about another 1-2 minutes or until the fish is warmed in the sauce. Serve warm.