Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted White Fish (Keto)
This air fryer parmesan white fish recipe has been our popular go-to keto recipe. This air fryer tilapia, cod, snapper or halibut is super eas . The flavor is fantastic, the white fish is moist and it’s a perfect low carb dinner.
Air Fryer Parmesan White Fish Recipe
If you’re still new to air frying and love seafood, this is a great recipe to start with. It’s wholesome and uses fresh ingredients. Within minutes, a low carb and keto white fish dinner is ready for you to enjoy. This is a great for kids too because the parmesan crust is absolutely addicting and super easy to eat.
How to Keep Fish From Sticking
Use these Awesome Non-Stick, Food Safe and Re-usabble silicone cooking mats. You can–> Buy the Square Mats here and Round ones here.
- These are non-stick silicone mats with holes in them and are used to cook food in your air fryer. These mats are usually cut to size that will fit in your air fryer basket, racks or trays.
- It’s a great accessory to have and the latest innovations in these silicone baking mats are the addition of perforated holes. The perforated holes allows the hot circulating air to cook the food, but at the same time keeps the food from sticking. Read –> ALL THE DETAILS ABOUT NON-STICK AIR FRYER SILICONE MATS.
Perforated Parchment for Air Frying Fish
To keep the delicate fish from sticking to your air fryer basket, you can use these perforated parchment sheets. They are sold in different sizes for smaller air fryers , larger ones, and in unbleached paper too. If you have a wire basket or rack, then these perforated parchment sheets are even more crucial. The wire baskets and racks tend to make delicate foods like this fish stick. It often becomes harder to get the fish off the wire racks. So these perforated sheets keeps the fish from sticking and the holes allows the fish to cook evenly on the bottom. The hot air circulates throughout the paper and you can perfectly cooked fish without having to flip it. The only issue with these is that they are not re-usable and can burn if they fly around and hit the air fryer heating element.
Video: Keto White Fish Recipe in Air Fryer
Different Types of White Fish to Air Fry
There’s so many different types of white fish that you can use for this air fryer recipe. Cooking times will vary depending on the thickness of the fish, so you’ll have to adjust timing a bit. Also, different air fryer models cook differently. For example, cod and halibut are thicker than tilapia so you’ll have to cook cod and halibut a little longer. Also, it depends on how well done you like your seafood. We suggest starting with our suggested time for 8 minutes. Check the fish and if you like it more cooked through, then cook it for a few more minutes. After your first batch in your air fryer, you’ll know what your favorite cooking time is for your fish.
Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Crusted White Fish (KETO)
- 2 tilapia filets , or other white fish (about 4-6 ounces for each filet)
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil , or oil spray
- 1/2 cup (50 g) grated parmesan cheese
- kosher salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) smoked paprika , or to taste
- fresh chopped parsley , for garnish
- lemon wedges , for serving
- Preheat the Air Fryer at 380°F/193°C for 5 minutes.Place the parmesan in a shallow bowl & set aside.
- Drizzle olive oil liberally over fish or spray with oil spray. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, & paprika. Press fish into the cheese mixture and coat both sides of the fish filets. If you want the cheese to stick more you can dip the fish in beaten egg before pressing into the cheese. The egg will add more calories.
- Line air fryer basket or tray with perforated parchment paper. Lightly spray parchment paper with oil spray. Lay coated fish on the parchment. Lightly spray the top of the fish filets with oil spray.
- Air Fry at 380°F/193°C for about 6-12 minutes, or until the fish can be flaked with a fork. Cooking times will vary depending on the thickness of the fish and the style of your air fryer.Top with chopped parsley, serve with lemon wedges.
8 Comments on “Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted White Fish (Keto)”
Made this for the first time tonight. Always nervous to try a recipe that doesn’t have any ratings but thought I’d give it a shot. Found some fresh wild Halibut at Frazier Farms and didn’t know how I should prepare it. As a mom of 4 kiddos with some picky eaters I’m trying to find some healthy meals they will also eat. This was super easy to make and absolutely delicious. My picky eaters wanted seconds! Highly recommend and will be making again in the near future! I forgot to add the lemon but it tasted fine without it. I opted to put a small bit of pesto sauce on mine before eating it.
That’s awesome Jolita! So glad your kids enjoyed this recipe and happy that it was easy for you. The addition of pesto sounds amazing. Thanks so much!
This was the best and moist cod recipe I have ever made. In my air fryer it only took 6 minutes to cook to perfection.
That’s awesome Renee! Thanks so much for sharing about using cod!
Fabulous with fresh whitefish! Next time I’ll add Thyme.
awesome! Thanks for sharing JD.
wonderfully tasty. takes a bit longer with first batch but we’ll worth the wait
Thanks Jeanne for the feedback! So glad you enjoyed the recipe.