Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted White Fish (Keto)
This air fryer parmesan white fish recipe has been our popular go-to keto recipe. This air fryer tilapia, cod, snapper or halibut is super eas . The flavor is fantastic, the white fish is moist and it’s a perfect low carb dinner.
Air Fryer Parmesan White Fish Recipe
If you’re still new to air frying and love seafood, this is a great recipe to start with. It’s wholesome and uses fresh ingredients. Within minutes, a low carb and keto white fish dinner is ready for you to enjoy. This is a great for kids too because the parmesan crust is absolutely addicting and super easy to eat.
Perforated Parchment for Air Frying Fish
To keep the delicate fish from sticking to your air fryer basket, you need these perforated parchment sheets. They are sold in different sizes for smaller air fryers , larger ones, and in unbleached paper too. If you have a wire basket or rack, then these perforated parchment sheets are even more crucial. The wire baskets and racks tend to make delicate foods like this fish stick. It often becomes harder to get the fish off the wire racks. So these perforated sheets keeps the fish from sticking and the holes allows the fish to cook evenly on the bottom. The hot air circulates throughout the paper and you can perfectly cooked fish without having to flip it.
Video: Keto White Fish Recipe in Air Fryer
Different Types of White Fish to Air Fry
There’s so many different types of white fish that you can use for this air fryer recipe. Cooking times will vary depending on the thickness of the fish, so you’ll have to adjust timing a bit. Also, different air fryer models cook differently. For example, cod and halibut are thicker than tilapia so you’ll have to cook cod and halibut a little longer. Also, it depends on how well done you like your seafood. We suggest starting with our suggested time for 8 minutes. Check the fish and if you like it more cooked through, then cook it for a few more minutes. After your first batch in your air fryer, you’ll know what your favorite cooking time is for your fish.
Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Crusted White Fish (KETO)
- 2 tilapia filets , or other white fish (about 4-6 ounces for each filet)
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil , or oil spray
- 1/2 cup (50 g) grated parmesan cheese
- kosher salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) smoked paprika , or to taste
- fresh chopped parsley , for garnish
- lemon wedges , for serving
- Preheat the Air Fryer at 380°F/193°C for 5 minutes.Place the parmesan in a shallow bowl & set aside.
- Drizzle olive oil over fish or spray with oil spray. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, & paprika. Press fish into the cheese mixture and coat both sides of the fish filets.
- Line air fryer basket or tray with perforated parchment paper. Lightly spray parchment paper with oil spray. Lay coated fish on the parchment. Lightly spray the top of the fish filets with oil spray.
- Air Fry at 380°F/193°C for about 6-12 minutes, or until the fish can be flaked with a fork. Cooking times will vary depending on the thickness of the fish and the style of your air fryer.Top with chopped parsley, serve with lemon wedges.