Low Carb Sriracha Roasted Cauliflower
Our popular Sriracha Roasted Cauliflower is a fantastic low carb dish that’s loaded with flavor. It’s a great roasted vegetable recipe that’s just spicy enough to add amazing flavor. We’ve prepared it in so many ways, we’re still not tired of it.
Sriracha Roasted Cauliflower
Cauliflower is a popular vegetable because it’s so versatile in so many ways and best of all, it’s low carb and healthy. When you eat cauliflower, it’s satisfying without any guilt because it’s so low in calories. Roasted or baked cauliflower is a delicious low carb side dish that you can even eat as a meal in itself, it’s that good. You can serve this spicy cauliflower with some a green salad or Asian grilled meats.
Video: Recipe for Roasted Cauliflower with Sriracha Hot Sauce:
Fresh Cauliflower is Best
We’re always looking for different ways to cook and enjoy this beloved fresh vegetable. It’s got a great texture when cooked properly and it absorbs flavors in a great way too. If you want to use frozen, you definitely can but fresh is so much better. Get yourself a head of fresh cauliflower, cut it in small bite sized pieces. Fresh cauliflower cooks with better texture and flavor than frozen. Even simple garlic and salt and pepper makes this fresh cauliflower a fantastic dish.
Can you make ahead?
This sriracha recipe is great to make ahead! Cooking it on the sheet pan allows you to cook a big batch all at once. In fact, you can even cook it on two sheet pans in the oven if you want. Just make sure to allow the cauliflower to cool completely before you freeze it. When you’re ready to eat, take it out of the freezer and re-heat in the microwave for a few minutes. We like to take it out of the fridge in the morning to allow it to thaw first before re-heating.
Sriracha Roasted Cauliflower
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) regular or low sodium soy sauce (use Tamari Soy sauce for Gluten Free)
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) rice vinegar (use distilled white vinegar for Gluten Free)
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) Sriracha sauce , or to taste
- 1 (1 ) head cauliflower (about 2 pounds-910g), cut into bit sized florets
- 4 cloves (4 cloves) garlic , chopped
- chopped cilantro , for garnish
- Sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F/220°C. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper, or lightly oil it.
- In a large bowl, mix together the olive oil, sesame oil, soy sauce, vinegar, Sriracha sauce and garlic until evenly combined.
- Add the cauliflower to the bowl and gently toss the to coat evenly with the marinade. Arrange the cauliflower in an even layer in the prepared sheet pan.
- Roast for about 25-30 minutes or until tender with a little char on the ends of the cauliflower, gently turning the cauliflower over halfway through cooking.
- Garnish with the cilantro and/or sesame seeds. Serve warm.
More great cauliflower recipes: