How to Cook Spaghetti Squash In The Oven
Healthy Spaghetti squash that’s baked in the oven is so easy and satisfying. There’s so many reasons to love spaghetti squash. It’s low carb, healthier than pasta and low on carbs. Best of all, you can add sauce on it, sautéed it with meat or vegetables and the list goes on. Anytime you’re craving a noodle, pasta or rice recipe, just replace it with spaghetti squash and dinner is served! We give instructions for baking spaghetti squash in the recipe box below. We prefer baking the squash because the flavor is better, but it definitely takes a little more time.
Video: Recipe for Spaghetti Squash in Oven and Microwave
How to Microwave Spaghetti Squash
Cooking spaghetti squash in the microwave is a quick and easy method to getting dinner on the table. Although the spaghetti squash gets a little more watery than baked spaghetti squash, it still tastes great. If you don’t have an oven, or don’t want to heat up your house during Summer, microwave is a great option. Instructions are below in the recipe box.
Here’s more great spaghetti squash recipes:
- Low carb spaghetti squash with parmesan and sausage
- Baked spaghetti squash with sriracha and ground turkey
- Spaghetti squash with fresh tomatoes, basil, parmesan
For both oven and microwave methods, you must cut the spaghetti squash in half. Don't microwave the whole squash or it might explode! We’re not joking, google it.
The squash will cook more evenly by poking holes through the middle of the squash with a fork before you microwave it. FYI- cooking times will vary depending on the size of the squash, so keep checking to make sure it’s cooked through.
Makes about 4 cups.
- Preheat Oven to 375°F. Oil a sheet pan with olive oil.
- Carefully cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds and connecting strands, then place cut side down on the prepared sheet pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the squash flesh becomes tender and separates easily into strands with a fork. Gently loosen the "spaghetti strands" from the shells.
- Serve spaghetti squash warm or with cheese and your favorite pasta sauce.
- Carefully cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds and connecting strands, then place cut side down on 8x9 glass baking dish. Add enough water to fill the baking dish with about 1 inch of water.
- Microwave on High or until the squash flesh becomes tender and separates easily into strands with a fork, about 10 minutes. Depending on the power of your microwave and size of the spaghetti squash, cooking times will vary. Keep checking the squash to see if it's ready.
- Finish by gently loosening and removing the "spaghetti strands" from the shells. Serve spaghetti squash warm or with cheese and your favorite pasta sauce.