How to Air Fry Frozen Turkey Patties
Learn how to air fry frozen turkey patties taken straight from the freezer. Make a salad, healthy lettuce wrapped burger or just have a low carb meal with the patties. It’s super simple and quick to make air fryer frozen turkey patties.
Can Frozen Turkey Patties be Air fried?
Yes you definitely can air fry rock hard frozen patties and the results are amazing! We tested this and were totally pleased. The hot circulating air of the air fryer cooks the store bought turkey patties from frozen, straight from the freezer. The pre-formed and store bought turkey burger patties are delicious and budget friendly. You save alot of money by making these at home rather than going out to eat.
Do You Thaw the Turkey Patty?
Sure, if you want to thaw the raw turkey meat patties first you can. But the store bought patties say that thawing isn’t necessary. So No, you don’t have to thaw the raw patties. Just place the frozen turkey patties in the air fryer and start air frying. After your first batch you’ll know more of what the best timing is for specific air fryer and brand of turkey patty. All air fryers cook a little differently. But if you do end up using thawed patties, just reduce cooking time. Thawed patties will cook quicker than frozen patties.
Video: How to Air Fry Frozen Turkey Patties
Tips on How to Air Fry Frozen Turkey Patties
- Oil keeps it juicy. We like to add a light layer of oil spray or light brush of oil on both sides of frozen patties. This helps keep the patty moist and juicy on the outside without drying out too much. We tested this both ways and adding the light oil spray definitely keeps the patties more juicy.
- Pre-heat? No, do not pre-heat the air fryer. The frozen patties shouldn’t cook too hot and too quick. You don’t want the middle of the patty to still be frozen while the outside is cooked too quick.
- Patty thickness: Is your patty thick or thin patty? There’s so many different brands so you will need to adjust timing.
- Like we mentioned above after you cook your first batch you’ll know what the best timing is for your preferred doneness.
- Reminder about timing: With so many different air fryer models, styles and different brands of burger patties timing will vary.
- Is the turkey patty completely cooked? Use a digital thermometer to make sure the internal temperature of the patty is 165°F. This is the recommended temperature.
Different Brands of Frozen Turkey Burger Patties We Tested
- Jenni-O Frozen Turkey Burger Patties : This was our favorite and the most flavorful. The Jennie-O frozen patties are a mix of brown and white meat, which gives great flavor. It’s not all white meat, which minimizes the dryness after air frying. It’s a 1/3 pound patty, but it’s flat and wide. This makes for for even air frying. It’s not too thick in the center so you’ll have less chance of it being raw in the center. These do shrink down quite a bit.
- Trader Joe’s Turkey Burgers: These are 1/4 pound patties and the smallest of all the patties. They do shrink down quite a bit in the air fryer. The flavor is good and well seasoned. Make sure to monitor these patties so they don’t dry out.
- Good and Gather Target Brand: These frozen turkey patties were our least favorite. These are 1/3 pound patties but unlike the Jenni-O brand, the Good and Gather patties are thicker. The flavor was ok, kinda bland and can easily dry out. So make sure after the second flip, you’re checking the patties at least once to ensure they’re cooked but to over-cooked. Even a minute too long, especially in a powerful air fryer, can dry these patties out quick.
- Make a quick and easy healthy low carb salad with the turkey patties!
Air Fryer Frozen Turkey Patties
- 4 frozen raw turkey patties , usually sold as either 1/4 lb.(113g) or 1/3 lb.(150g)
- salt , to taste if needed
- Lots of black pepper
- oil spray , for coating
- Lightly coat each side of the frozen turkey patties with oil spray. Season to taste with optional salt and pepper. Spray the air fryer basket/tray with oil or line with a non-stick silicone liner. Place the patties in the air fryer basket/tray in a single layer, cooking in batches if needed.
- 1/4 Lb. Frozen Turkey Patties: Air Fry at 380°F/193°C for a total time of about 12-17 minutes. After the first 10 minutes, flip the patties. Continue to Air Fry at 380°F/193°C for another 2-7 minutes or until it’s internal temperature is 165°F/74°or cooked to your preferred doneness.
- 1/3 Lb. Frozen Turkey Patties: Air Fry at 380°F/193°C for a total time of about 13-18 minutes. After the first 10 minutes, flip the patties. Continue to Air Fry at 380°F/193°C for another 3-8 minutes or until it’s internal temperature is 165°F/74°or cooked to your preferred doneness.
Want to make fresh homemade turkey patties in the air fryer? Here’s the complete recipe for –> Air Fried Fresh Turkey Patties
One Comment on “How to Air Fry Frozen Turkey Patties”
I love that I can cook frozen patties in the air fry. These turkey patties come out perfect.