Low Carb Stuffed Turkey Breast
Always delicious and low carb, our popular stuffed turkey breast is super easy and delicious. You’ll love our bacon, mushroom and veggie filling. If not, you can definitely create your own filling and make this recipe your own special version! The best part about cooking a stuffed turkey breast roll is smaller portions, especially when you’re cooking for 2-3 people. Often times during the Holidays everyone gravitates towards the whole turkey. But if you’re short on time or really only needing to cook for 2-3, then this turkey roll is absolutely perfect. With the low carb filling, it’s a meal-all-in-one and all you need to to add a quick green salad for a great keto dinner.
Video: Stuffed Roast Turkey Breast Roll
How to Roast Stuffed Turkey Breast
You can easily prep the turkey breast ahead of time. Cook the filling and stuff the turkey a day ahead. This low carb filling filling is a combination of savory parmesan cheese, bacon, mushrooms, kale and/or spinach. The flavors are fantastic together! When you get home from work, just bake off the stuffed breast while you prep a green salad. There’s also many options to replace the kale or mushroom. You can use Swiss chard, collard greens, beet greens or mustard greens. The possibilities are endless when you make the low carb filling!
- 4 slices bacon , cut into bite sized pieces
- 4 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 onion , small dice
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 cups chopped fresh kale or spinach (if frozen use 1 cup, thawed, then squeeze out water)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme , oregano or rosemary (or 1/2 Tablespoon fresh)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage or 1/2 tablespoon fresh chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt , or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper , or to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese , or preferred cheese
- Two 1.5 lb.(680g) deboned turkey breasts
- Salt , to taste
- Black pepper , to taste
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat, and then add bacon and cook until fat releases and bacon starts to become crispy. Add onions, garlic and mushrooms. Cook until mushrooms shrink and release moisture.
- Add the kale or spinach and cook until soft or wilted. Add dried herbs, salt and pepper and stir. Remove pan from heat.
- Stir in cheese and set filling aside.
- Place plastic wrap on top of each turkey breast and pound them into an even 1/2-inch thickness.
- Place the pounded turkey breasts skin side down. Divide and spread the filling on top of turkey breasts. Fold one edge of a turkey breast over to create a roll. Tie turkey breast to hold the shape. Repeat the rolling and tying for the other breast.
- Season top of tied breasts with additional salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 1 hour 15 minutes, or until internal temperature of turkey reaches 165°F at turkey meat thickest part. Allow to rest for about 5-10 minutes, then slice and serve.