Air Fryer Turkey Burgers (Lettuce Wrapped Low Carb)
These low carb air fryer turkey burgers wrapped in lettuce are fantastic. Within minutes you can air fry a frozen turkey patty or make a homemade air fried turkey burgers made from scratch.
Why Are Air Fried Turkey Burgers So Good?
The air fryer turkey burgers are juicy and amazing after air frying. The hot circulating air makes the turkey patties super juicy and crisp on the outside. It as close to grilling as possible without all the grilling hassle. Sure, it’s not exactly like grilling but the flavor and texture is darn close especially if you’re starting with a fresh patty.
Low Carb Lettuce Wrapped Air Fryer Turkey Burgers Recipe
These turkey patties are wrapped in lettuce to make them “protein burgers”. This low carb and keto air fryer turkey burger option is still delicious! Or you can serve the turkey patty on a bed of crisp lettuce for another keto friendly turkey patty salad. As long as you add the enough seasonings, the air fryer turkey patties will be delicious regardless of how you serve them!
Video: Air Fryer Lettuce Wrapped Turkey Burgers
How to Make Fresh Turkey Patties Recipe
- 99% lean ground turkey meat is the most leanest option of all but the patty will cook a little drier. So try to make smaller patties that cooker quicker. If the patty is too large, you need to cook it longer which can make it dry.
- We prefer ground Turkey meat that has brown meat in it for more flavor.
- Use a quality ground turkey meat. The patties will cook with more texture and less mushy. Here’s a great guide to buying ground meat.
- Add your favorite spices like lemon pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. Or if you like a smoky spicy flavor patty, add some chipotle and smoked paprika.
- Hand shaped patties: Remember that timing will vary a lot because everyone shapes their patties differently. A thicker patty will require longer cooking times.
- Different air fryers: Also, timing will vary because every air fryer is different. Some cook hotter than others. But after your first batch, you’ll know what timing is best for your preferred texture on your specific air fryer model.
- Love cheese? Make a turkey cheeseburger in the air fryer. Add a slice of cheese on top of the meat when it’s cooked and air fry for just about 30 seconds so the cheese can melt.
- Use different types of lettuce like ice berg, green leaf or crispy romaine.
- All recipe details and step-by-step photos are in the recipe box below.
Can Store Bought Frozen Turkey Patties be Air Fried?
Yes frozen turkey patties that are store bought can be air fried straight from frozen! Click here for–> our detailed write up for air frying turkey patties that are raw from frozen. These store bought frozen patties do cook well in the air fryer. You just need to make sure that they are completely cooked in the middle before serving.
Can You Make-Ahead These Turkey Burgers?
It’s easy to make a big batch of these turkey patties for make-ahead meals. Just allow the completely cooked patties to cool completely then freeze them in an air tight container. Before re-heating, allow the turkey patties to thaw completely. You can heat them up by searing them on a pan with a little olive oil, microwave them or re-heat them in the air fryer at 360F for about 6 minutes. Air frying times will vary depending on how big or thick your patties are. After the patties are warm, assemble the lettuce wraps along with your favorite burger toppings.
Air Fryer Low Carb Turkey Burgers
- 1 lb. (454 g) ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) Worcestershire , fish sauce, or soy sauce (fish sauce is our favorite)
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) dried herbs (oregano, thyme, dill, basil, marjoram)
- 1/2 cup (80 g) minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) salt , or to taste
- Lots of black pepper
- oil spray , for coating
- 4 slices cheese (optional)
Burger Assembly Options:
- 4 large lettuce leaves , preferably green leaf, red leaf, or iceberg
- 1 avocado , sliced
- Other options: cheese, radish sprouts, lettuce, pickles, tomato, etc.
- Preheat air fryer at 380°F/193°C for 5 minutes.
- Mix together the turkey, garlic, Worcestershire sauce (or fish sauce or soy sauce), dried herbs, onion, salt and pepper until just combined.
- Form the turkey into 4 patties about 4” wide. Spray both sides with oil. If you have a smaller air fryer, you’ll have to cook in two batches.
- Spray the air fryer basket/tray with oil or line with a non-stick perforated silicone liner in a single layer. Cook in batches if needed.
- Air Fry at 380°F/193°C for a total time of 10-12 minutes. After the first 6 minutes, flip the patties. Continue to Air Fry at 380°F/193°C for another 4-6 minutes or until its internal temperature is 165°F/74°C or cooked to your preferred doneness. If your patty is thicker, you many need to cook for a few more minutes.
- For Turkey Cheeseburgers: add the slices of cheese on top of the cooked patties. Air fry at 380°F/193°C for about 30 seconds to 1 minute to melt the cheese.
- For best juiciness, cover the patties and let rest for a couple minutes. Serve wrapped in lettuce, topped with avocado slices and your favorite burger toppings.
One Comment on “Air Fryer Turkey Burgers (Lettuce Wrapped Low Carb)”
Really healthy turkey burger recipe. I love that this can be cooked in the air fryer.