Easy Creamy Turkey Vegetable Soup
When we have some extra turkey or chicken, we’re making creamy soup! Love being able to add what ever vegetables we want and making a comforting soup out of it. It’s so filling and satisfying that you can make a whole meal out of it! Just add a nice side salad and you have a fanatic low carb soup dinner in minutes. If you have leftover turkey from Thanksgiving, this soup is even easier to make! Or if you have leftover roast chicken, it’s the perfect time to make this into a creamy chicken soup.
Video: Low Carb Creamy Turkey Vegetable Soup
How to Make Turkey Vegetable Soup
- Sautee the onions, garlic and veggies.
- Add the shredded cooked turkey or chicken. Yes, you can use chicken!
- Add broth and the cream/cornstarch mixture and let the soup come to a simmer.
- If you want to make this a very low carb or KETO soup version, just leave out the potatoes. You can add spinach, kale or celery for lowest carb versions.
- More recipe details in the recipe box below that you can print out.
This recipe was originally published in 2019 and re-published in 2020.
Creamy Turkey Vegetable Soup
- 8 oz. (227 g) cooked turkey meat , cut or torn into bite sized pieces (@ 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 (1/2 ) onion , diced
- 3 cloves (3 cloves) garlic , minced or crushed
- 4 oz. (113 g) mushrooms , sliced
- 1 medium (1 medium) potato (optional), peeled and diced
- 1 large (1 large) carrot (optional) , sliced
- 2 stalks (2 stalks) celery , chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) salt , or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) fresh cracked black pepper , or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) dried oregano
- 4 cups (950 ml) chicken broth , or turkey broth
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) milk
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) corn starch
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) minced parsley
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat and then add oil. Stir in onions and garlic and cook until softened, about 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms, potato, carrots, and celery and cook for about 3 minutes. Add the cooked turkey pieces, salt, pepper, thyme, and oregano. Stir and cook until mushrooms become soft.
- Whisk the cornstarch into the milk. Then add the broth and the milk mixture into the soup. Stir and bring to soup to boil to allow the soup to thicken, then immediately lower heat to a simmer.
- Simmer soup for 10-15 minutes, or until the vegetables are cooked, soup is thicker and the flavors are combined. Stir in minced parsley and add additional salt to taste.
More great Low Carb Soup Recipes Here.
Check out the rest of our Soup Recipes on Best Recipe Box