Easy Creamy Turkey Vegetable Soup
When we have some extra turkey or chicken, we’re making creamy soup! Love being able to add what ever vegetables we want and making a comforting soup out of it. It’s so filling and satisfying that you can make a whole meal out of it! Just add a nice side salad and you have a fanatic low carb soup dinner in minutes. If you have leftover turkey from Thanksgiving, this soup is even easier to make! Or if you have leftover roast chicken, it’s the perfect time to make this into a creamy chicken soup.
Video: Low Carb Creamy Turkey Vegetable Soup
How to Make Turkey Vegetable Soup
- Sautee the onions, garlic and veggies.
- Add the shredded cooked turkey or chicken. Yes, you can use chicken!
- Add broth and the cream/cornstarch mixture and let the soup come to a simmer.
- If you want to make this a very low carb or KETO soup version, just leave out the potatoes. You can add spinach, kale or celery for lowest carb versions.
- More recipe details in the recipe box below that you can print out.
If you want a more rich soup base use half & half or cream instead of the milk. This soup also works great with many non-dairy milks, preferably non-sweetened. You can also substitute cooked chicken for the turkey. If you want to make this a very low carb or KETO soup version, just leave out the potatoes. You can add spinach, kale or celery for lowest carb versions.
- 8 oz. cooked turkey meat , cut or torn into bite sized pieces (@ 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion , diced
- 3 cloves garlic , minced or crushed
- 4 oz. mushrooms , sliced
- 1 medium potato (optional), peeled and diced
- 1 large carrot (optional) , sliced
- 2 stalks celery , chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt , or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper , or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 cups chicken broth , or turkey broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons corn starch
- 2 Tablespoons minced parsley
Heat a large pot over medium-high heat and then add oil. Stir in onions and garlic and cook until softened, about 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms, potato, carrots, and celery and cook for about 3 minutes. Add the cooked turkey pieces, salt, pepper, thyme, and oregano. Stir and cook until mushrooms become soft.
- Whisk the cornstarch into the milk. Then add the broth and the milk mixture into the soup. Stir and bring to soup to boil to allow the soup to thicken, then immediately lower heat to a simmer.
- Simmer soup for 10-15 minutes, or until the vegetables are cooked, soup is thicker and the flavors are combined. Stir in minced parsley and add additional salt to taste.
More great Low Carb Soup Recipes Here.
Check out the rest of our Soup Recipes on Best Recipe Box