Healthy Zucchini Noodles with Garlic Shrimp
We love low carb zucchini noodles. There’s so many different ways to enjoy them and we never get tired. One of our reader favorites is Garlic Shrimp zucchini noodles.
Low Carb Shrimp Scampi Zucchini Noodles
It’s a healthy way to enjoy shrimp scampi pasta dinner without all the carbs and starch. Eating with healthy zucchini noodles is not new to our repertoire. We absolutely love creating zoodle recipes because not only are they low fat and healthier, but they’re just darn delicious. We don’t miss all that starch pasta and there’s so much less calories and guilt even when we decide to add extra cheese.
Watch Video: Garlic Shrimp Zucchini Noodles:
Do Zucchini Noodles Have Flavor?
In the test kitchen, we worked on a fantastic version of shrimp scampi with zucchini noodles and it was a hit! It’s so easy to make and it’s all in a one pot, basically a skillet zucchini noodles with garlic shrimp. All the flavors and textures in our garlic shrimp zucchini noodles are fantastic and everyone in the test kitchen devoured this with delicious pleasure. It truly is shrimp scampi without all the extra carbs. There’s no sacrifice for flavor because the zucchini noodles absorb the flavors wonderfully and every bite is wonderful. You can also use summer squash. Here’s a interesting discussion on different zucchini varieties.
Check out More of our Latest Low Carb Recipes Here!
- Air Fryer Parmesan Chicken Wings Recipe
- Crispy Asparagus in Air Fryer – KETO
- Skillet steak bites with garlic butter – KETO
- Easy Oven Baked Pork Ribs Recipe
PADERNO SPIRALIZER – LOVE THIS EASY TO USE AND FANTASTIC SPIRALIZER.
KitchenAid Spiralizer Attachment – Spiralize, peel, core, slice. All from the power of the KitchenAid stand mixer.
Best Spiralizers for Spiralizing Zucchini Noodles:
Nothing beats tried and true kitchen tools and cookbooks. Here’s some of the favorites:
Garlic Shrimp Zucchini Noodles
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 pound raw shrimp , shelled and de-veined
- 2 Tablespoons butter (or olive oil)
- 3 cloves garlic , minced (or to taste)
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese (approximately)
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- Lemon wedges , optional
- Heat a large pan on medium-high heat. Melt butter or add the olive oil, and then add the garlic and shrimp. Cook the shrimp until it is pink and cooked through. Make sure the heat isn't too high or the garlic may burn.
- Add zucchini noodles and cook until tender, about 3-5 minutes. Zucchini noodles cook really fast, so taste a strand as you cook and decide how firm or "al-dente" you want the zucchini. Don't overcook the zucchini noodles or else they'll become mush.
- Remove the pan from the heat, the stir in the parmesan cheese and squeeze some lemon juice over the zucchini and shrimp. Season well with salt and pepper to taste. Add chili flakes if desired and serve warm.
This recipe was originally published in 2019 and re-published in 2021 with updated video.