Air Fryer Chicken Wings with Parmesan Crust
Air Fryer Chicken Wings Keto
These air fryer chicken wings are crispy, amazing and a great appetizer recipe. It’s definitely a game changer when you make air fried chicken wings. The hot circulating air cooks the wings crispy and amazing. It’s easy to make the wings with just salt and pepper, no oil. Just air fry them after seasoning and they cook great. But we wanted a really flavorful version with a parmesan crust. The results are fantastic and everyone in our test kitchen devoured these amazing appetizers!
Video: Air Fryer Keto Chicken Wings with Parmesan Crust
Watch the video to see the process of making these amazing wings! Remember that time and temp will vary depending on the size of your wings and your air fryer. After you make your first batch, you’ll know the best time and temp for your next batches.
How to Make Air Fryer Chicken Wings
The crispy parmesan cheese crust is fantastic and a great way to make keto and low carb air fryer chicken wings quickly and easily. The flavor of the parmesan cheese is wonderful and so satisfying.
- What type of grated parmesan cheese? We like to use a good quality grated parmesan cheese. This sticks better to the wings than coarsely grated from a block. Be careful about other grated cheeses as they might be fake cheese.
- A light spray of oil is needed after you coated the wings with the cheese. This helps the cheese from burning before the wings are cooked through.
- Low carb dips? There’s lots of great sugar free bbq sauces that are keto friendly. Check our more recipe details in the recipe box below.
Here’s Some Great Keto Dips & Sauces
Air Fryer Parmesan Chicken Wings
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- Kosher salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- garlic powder , optional
- 1-2 eggs , beaten
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese , or as needed
- oil spray , to coat the wings
- Pat dry the chicken wings. Season with salt, pepper, and optional garlic powder.
- One or two at a time, dip the wings in the beaten egg (start with one egg and if needed beat the second egg), shaking off excess egg from the chicken wing. Dredge the coated wings in the grated parmesan, turning to coat completely. Repeat with the remaining wings. Spray the air fryer basket/tray with oil spray. Lay the wings in an even layer in the basket/tray. Spray with wings with oil to coat completely.
- Air Fry at 400°F/205°C for 15 minutes. Flip the wings and Air Fry for another 15-20 minutes, or until cooked to your liking. If you're cooking a lot of wings at once, you might need a 3rd toss or flip. Remove wings from air fryer basket/tray and serve with any desired sauces on the side for dipping.
* Don’t overcrowd fryer basket.
* Recipes were cooked in 3-4 qt air fryers. If using a larger air fryer, the recipe might cook quicker so adjust cooking time.
* If cooking in multiple batches, the following batches will take less time to cook since the air fryer is now pre-heated.
* Remember to set a timer to shake/flip/toss the food as directed in recipe.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
Did you make this recipe? Please share with us in the comments or on social media. We’d love to see your creations!