Low Carb Roasted Broccoli Salad with Bacon
This isn’t any ordinary broccoli salad. Our recipe for broccoli salad has so much flavor because we’ve roasted the broccoli! The texture and flavor can’t be beat and cooking broccoli this way makes the recipe outstanding.
Easy Roasted Broccoli Salad
Most recipes for broccoli salad uses raw broccoli. We love raw broccoli too, but not everyone likes the flavor of it. So when we made this version by roasting the broccoli first, it was a big hit! The tender texture and crispy roasted edges of the broccoli makes our broccoli salad amazing! After several taste tests, everyone who has tasted it agrees that they love it even better than eating raw broccoli. Our super easy dressing for this salad is tangy, sweet and delicious. The different crunchy textures for come from chopped walnuts or any nuts that you want. This low carb recipe makes it easier to enjoy without the guilt.
Tips for Low Carb Recipe for Broccoli Salad
- Want to use raw broccoli? It’s definitely ok and still a popular way to make this salad. Just add raw chopped broccoli to the rest of the ingredients. You might have to make a double to even triple batch because it’s so good.
- The salty crunch of the bacon really makes it exceptional and it’ll be one of your favorite cold broccoli salad recipes! Or leave out the bacon for a fantastic vegetarian broccoli salad.
- If you’re looking for another great low carb salad recipe, check out this spinach bacon salad.
Watch the video for Roasted Broccoli Salad with Bacon:
How To Make Broccoli Salad Recipe
- Prep the broccoli and roast until crispy. Allow too Cool.
- While broccoli is roasting, prep the rest of the broccoli salad ingredients.
- Fry the bacon and chop into bite sized pieces.
- When broccoli is cooled, toss with the rest of the ingredients.
- Allow the salad to chill for about 1 hour before serving.
- You can make the salad one-day ahead of time.
Low-Carb Roasted Broccoli Salad w/ Bacon
FOR THE SALAD:
- 1 pound broccoli florets , cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil , for coating
- 3-4 slices thick cut bacon , cooked & cut into bite sized pieces (omit to make this salad vegetarian)
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup (optional) chopped cashews (or any combination of your favorite nuts)
- 1/4 cup (optional) golden raisins (or any combination of your favorite dried fruit cut into small pieces)
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper , or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt , or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon dried herbs , like thyme, basil, dill (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Make the dressing: In medium bowl, combine all dressing ingredients (mayo, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, dijon mustard, pepper, salt, and optional herbs). Set aside.
- Place cut broccoli in a large bowl. Toss with olive oil to evenly coat. (Our preferred method is to add half the oil first, toss with the broccoli, then add the rest of the oil and toss again).
- Place the broccoli on the lined baking sheet and roast for about 35 minutes, depending on the size of the broccoli pieces. Toss the broccoli at least once during baking. Once broccoli is roasted, remove from oven and allow to completely cool.
- After broccoli is completely cool, toss with chopped bacon, red onions, optional cashews &/or raisins, and the dressing.
- Chill the salad for at least 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Information per Serving
Here’s Some Other Broccoli & Other Vegetable Recipes You’ll Love
- Crispy Air Fryer Breaded Broccoli Bites (Keto)
- Creamy Garlic Chicken with Broccoli (Keto)
- Low Carb Sriracha Roasted Cauliflower
- Easy Roasted Summer Squash or Zucchini with Parmesan, Fresh Herbs
- Here’s more of our great salad recipes!