Easy Roasted Summer Squash or Zucchini with Parmesan, Fresh Herbs
Easy Roast Summer Squash Recipe
Our simple roasted summer squash or zucchini recipe is a fabulous way to eat more veggies without all the hassle! And it’s loaded with flavor! It takes just a few minutes to enjoy a popular vegetable straight from the oven. Our roasted zucchini recipe with parmesan cheese and fresh herbs brings out the best of a simple everyday vegetable. What makes this low carb vegetable recipe stand out is the wonderful rich flavors of parmesan cheese and the all the fresh herbs. If you don’t have fresh herbs, you can definitely use dried. Make as little as you need for a small dinner for two, or make a whole tray for a big dinner party. It’s a no fuss, easy to prepare vegetable dish to satisfy without all the carbs.
Keto and Low Carb Roasted Zucchini Recipe
This is also a perfect keto friendly recipe with lots of flavor. We also love cooking this with regular green zucchini as well. The grated parmesan cheese is loaded with flavor but there’s so many other possibilities with different cheeses. Smoked cheddar and smoked gouda cheeses are also fantastic.
Easy Roasted Zucchini Recipe with Parmesan and Fresh Herbs
- 2 medium (2 medium) summer squash or zucchini
- 1/2 cup (75 g) parmesan cheese or any shredded cheese, or to taste
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) fresh herbs , minced (or 1 Tablespoon dried herbs)
- olive oil to lightly coat the squash slices
- kosher salt or other flakey salt , to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper , to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a baking sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Trim ends of zucchini squash and slice lengthwise about 1/4" thick. Lightly brush or spray both sides of each slice with olive oil. For the herbs, lightly spray the leaves with oil so that they don't burn.
- On prepared baking sheet pan, lay the slices in one layer. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top of each slice, to taste.
- Add cheese and herbs on top of each slice.
- Bake zucchini squash about 20 minutes in the oven, or until cooked and the cheese is melted. Serve warm or at room temperature.
This recipe was originally published in 2018 and re-published in 2020 with updated recipe notes. Here’s some more summer squash recipes to inspire you to eat healthier!