Cheesy Roasted Asparagus with Garlic & Balsamic
Oh this roasted asparagus with cheese is so good! Our recipe for roasted asparagus is cheesy and amazing. It’s the perfect sheet pan vegetable dish that’s keto friendly and paleo friendly.
Cheesy Roasted Asparagus Recipe
The low carb cheese and asparagus combination is fantastic together. When the cheese, garlic and balsamic marinade all cook together, the flavors and textures are fantastic. When it comes to needing a quick and easy vegetable side dish, this is the perfect one. Even kids love it because of the flavors and the wonderfully melty cheese. Serve it along side a steak or other grilled meats to complete the meal. Or if you’re a vegetarian, add this to a nice green salad and a low carb meal is served!
Video: Recipe for Roasted Asparagus with Cheese, Garlic
This recipe is perfect for breakfast or brunch. Add it with your morning eggs and the asparagus is a perfect pairing. For brunch, just serve it as a side dish for a wonderful low carb accompaniment to eggs, brunch meats or deviled eggs. It’s a great dish to serve on Mothers Day or Easter or Sunday Supper. But it’s also great for dinner when serve with your favorite meat or pasta.
How to Roast Asparagus Tips:
- trim off the dry woody bottom stems.
- asparagus varies so much in size. The really thin ones cook quick and for the very thick ones, add a little more time
- Don’t overcook the asparagus. Keep checking on them and pierce to make sure they are to your preferred texture.
- Add a squeeze of lemon on top for a bright pop of flavor!
Cheesy Garlic Parmesan Roasted Asparagus
- 1 pound (454 g) Asparagus , tough ends trimmed
- 4 cloves (4 cloves) Garlic , minced
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) Balsamic Vinegar
- Kosher Salt , to taste
- Fresh Cracked Pepper , to taste
- 1/2 cup (50 g) freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup (56 g) Mozzarella cheese , grated
- Wedges of fresh lemons (optional)
- Preheat oven to roast at 400°F/205°C. You can cook the asparagus directly on the baking sheet pan or lay foil on the pan first. (careful not to use parchment because it can burn during the oven broil)
- Make the marinade: In bowl, combine garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper until combined.
- Arrange asparagus on prepared sheet pan. Drizzle the marinade over the asparagus to evenly coat all the asparagus.
- Bake in oven for about 10-15 minutes, or until just tender. Adjust your cooking time depending on thickness of your asparagus and your preferred texture. Remove the asparagus pan from the oven and Sprinkle parmesan and mozzarella cheese evenly over the asparagus.
- Return the asparagus to the oven and broil for about 3-5 minuets until the cheese is golden and melted.
- Optional - Squeeze fresh lemon juice on top before serving. Serve warm.
Check out more of our low carb vegetable recipes here:
Hope you enjoy our recipe! If you made this recipe please share in the comments below. Here’s more great vegetable recipes from our other website, Best Recipe Box
4 Comments on “Cheesy Roasted Asparagus with Garlic & Balsamic”
What a great way to get my kids to eat asparagus. Cheese and asparagus go so well together.
This was so easy to make at home. Really easy ingredients and I added some smoked cheddar on top. YUM. Thank you for this recipe. Stay safe!
Thank you for this simple and awesome recipe! I lay prosciutto on top of asparagus, and then cheese and it is so, so good! My guests have told me this is the best asparagus they have ever had!
Cheese and asparagus go soooo well together. On top of being really tasty it’s still great as leftovers heated-up.