What is a cloud egg or egg in a cloud?
Cloud eggs are low carb egg whites that are whipped and then baked. The fluffy whites look like a “cloud” and then the yolk is cooked in the cloud. Our recipe for cloud eggs or eggs in a cloud is super simple, it’s hard to mess it up. Because it’s so easy, these eggs are perfect for breakfast or brunch. They’re low carb and super flavorful with salty crumbled bacon and parmesan cheese. This is a super popular dish and it’s easy preparation is a perfect low carb breakfast/brunch option. You simply separate the eggs and egg whites; whip the egg whites, and arrange them into “cloud” shapes on a silicone- or parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for a couple of minutes, slip the yolks onto each, then bake for a few more minutes.
Video of Amazing Keto Egg Recipe!
This recipe was originally published in 2019 and re-published in 2020 with updated video. Try our delicious chicken avocado spring rolls!
- 4 large Eggs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese , grated
- 3 Tablespoons minced Parsley or Chives
- 2 slices cooked Bacon , crumbled
- Kosher Salt , to taste
- Black Pepper , to taste - fresh cracked if possible
Preheat the oven to 450°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray or lightly oil. Set aside.
Separate the egg whites from yolks and place the egg whites in one large bowl and place the yolks in four separate small bowls.
Whip the egg whites until they form stiff peaks. Fold in the parmesan cheese, parsley/chives, bacon pieces and a pinch of salt.
- Spoon the egg white mixture into 4 mounds on the parchment lined baking sheet. Using the back of the spoon, create a small dent or well in the center of each mound.
- Bake for about 3-5 minutes. Remove egg whites from the oven and then gently place an egg yolk in the hole of each egg cloud. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for another 2-3 or until the eggs are set the way you like it. Serve with toast or eat them as they are for a great low-carb breakfast!