Fresh spring rolls are so easy to make and you’ll realize why you didn’t make chicken avocado spring rolls earlier!
Chicken and avocado is a great combination, especially when added to a fresh spring roll or summer roll. This chicken spring roll recipe is healthy and so easy to make, you’ll be surprised why you don’t make these more often. Made with healthy boneless skinless chicken breast, this recipe is perfect for leftover chicken. If you don’t have any leftover chicken, then just poach the chicken on the stove top or bake the chicken breast in the oven to keep this chicken recipe low calorie and low carb.
Watch video for these Avocado Chicken Spring Rolls!
The addition of the avocado in the spring roll makes it extra creamy and special. Use what ever vegetables you want like cucumber, bell peppers, celery, carrots or even zucchini. Just remember that when you’re prepping the vegetables, make sure they’re julienne thin. Serve the dip with this hoisin nut dip made from your choice of peanut butter, almond butter or even cashew butter. What ever you decide you do, it’s a fun dish because you can pretty add what ever you want. Just make sure to have some type of fresh herb in the rolls so that they can have that extra fresh and healthy flavor. Each spring roll is different and unique!
Here’s a great tutorial on–> Fresh Rice Paper Spring Rolls techniques and recipes.
Please read post for more recipe notes. And visit this helpful photo tutorial on How to Roll Spring Rolls Here.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast (poached, baked or leftover chicken works great)
- 1 large ripe avocado , peeled and sliced thin.
- 1 small cucumber , cut into thin strips
- 1 bell pepper , seeded and cut into thin strips
- 2 ribs celery , cut into thin strips (optional)
- fresh mint , basil, cilantro or any fresh herbs
- 1 small head of lettuce , torn into pieces
- rice paper spring rolls wrappers
- For the hoisin nut dip: In bowl, combine all dip ingredients together. Use a fork to help blend well.
- For the rolls, gather all the ingredients together and get your rolling surface ready. Here's the latest photo tutorial on how to roll spring rolls.
- Read the the link for a helpful tutorial with photographs showing the step by step method on how to roll the wrappers.
- For this recipe: place your lettuce first on the soft spring roll wrapper, then add the strips of chicken herbs, avocado and vegetable strips.
- Roll and serve with hoisin dip. Enjoy!