Chicken Avocado Spring Rolls with Peanut Sauce Dip
Fresh spring rolls are so easy to make and you’ll realize why you didn’t make chicken avocado spring rolls earlier!
Chicken Spring Rolls Recipe
Chicken and avocado is a great combination, especially when added to a fresh spring roll or summer roll. This chicken spring roll recipe is healthy and so easy to make, you’ll be surprised why you don’t make these more often. Made with healthy boneless skinless chicken breast, this recipe is perfect for leftover chicken. If you don’t have any leftover chicken, then just poach the chicken on the stove top or bake the chicken breast in the oven to keep this chicken recipe low calorie and low carb.
Watch video for these Avocado Chicken Spring Rolls!
What other vegetables can you use?
- The addition of the avocado in the spring roll makes it extra creamy and special.
- Use what ever vegetables you want like cucumber, bell peppers, celery, carrots or even zucchini.
- Just remember that when you’re prepping the vegetables, make sure they’re julienne thin.
- Different nut butter for the dips: Serve the dip with this hoisin nut dip made from your choice of peanut butter, almond butter or even cashew butter.
- What ever you decide you do, it’s a fun dish because you can pretty add what ever you want. Just make sure to have some type of fresh herb in the rolls so that they can have that extra fresh and healthy flavor. Each spring roll is different and unique!
Avocado Chicken Spring Rolls
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast (poached, baked or leftover chicken works great)
- 8 rice paper spring roll wrappers
- 1 small head lettuce , cut into large strips or individual leaves
- 1 large ripe avocado , peeled and sliced thin
- 1 small cucumber , cut into thin strips
- 1 bell pepper , seeded and cut into thin strips
- 2 ribs celery , cut into thin strips (optional)
- fresh mint , basil, cilantro or any fresh herbs
For the Chicken (cooking options):
After you choose your method of cooking the chicken, allow it to cool and cut into thin strips.
- If serving with hoisin dip (recipe below), make the dip ahead of time.
- For the rolls, gather all the ingredients together and get your rolling surface ready. Here's a great photo tutorial on how to roll spring rolls.
- Rolling the spring rolls: Add warm water to a large bowl. Quickly dip each rice paper wrapper in warm water for a few seconds and lay on rolling surface such as a cutting board or plate (they will still be slightly stiff).
- On the 1/3 section of the rice paper wrapper closest to you, start layering your fillings. Lay your lettuce first on the softened spring roll wrapper, then add the avocado, veggies, herbs, mint and chicken.
- Start rolling the wrapper over the fillings away from you, tucking and rolling the wrapper with your fingers, making sure all the fillings remain tight and round within the rice paper wrapper.
- Roll and serve with hoisin dip. Enjoy!
Hoisin Nut Dipping Sauce
For Hoisin Nut Dipping Sauce
- In bowl, combine all dip ingredients together (hoisin, peanut butter (or other nut butter), rice vinegar, and sesame oil. Use a fork to help blend well.
- Cover and chill until ready to use. Serve with spring rolls, egg rolls, etc.
Enjoy more of our low carb recipes:
- avocado massaged kale salad
- tuna salad with creamy avocado
- Here’s a great tutorial on–> Fresh Rice Paper Spring Rolls techniques and recipes.
This recipe was originally published in 2018 and re-publihsed in 2020 with updated video. If you made this recipe, please share with us in the comments below. Or if you have a photo, tag us on social media and share. We love seeing all your creations!