Easy Healthy Zucchini Noodles Recipe
Zucchini noodles are one of our favorite dinners because they’re low carb and always satisfying. Instead of eating high carb wheat pasta, replace it with low carb zucchini noodles. You’ll soon realize that you won’t miss all the carbs from regular pasta. What you’ll enjoy is a fantastic healthy “pasta” dinner that’s really all strands of healthy zucchini. Spiralized zucchini is fantastic and you’ll be hooked on heating healthier and lower carb.
Video: Best Zucchini Noodles with Spinach and Parmesan
Within minutes, you can have a fantastic healthy dinner with zucchini noodles. This recipe is so flexible too. You can add what ever proteins you want and even some tomato sauce makes it taste like awesome spaghetti. Actually, it’s a healthier spaghetti alternative! You won’t be bored with this recipe for zucchini noodles. Make it your own and you’ll have limited possibilities!
Best Vegetable Spiralizers for Zucchini Noodles
We’ve tested so many different spiralizers and tried different methods of making zucchini noodles. Most are great and some are obviously easier and have become our favorites. But we found that even our least favorite tools, still spirialize great and if it gets you to eat more veggies then we’re all for healthier eating! Some tools definitely are faster and that’s handy when you need to make bigger batches. Quicker comes with a few more issues like having to wash blades that can be super sharp. So you have to be careful!
OUR GO-TO VEGETABLE SLICER IS THE PADERNO SPIRALIZER.
There’s various options based on how many blades you want. The paderno spiralizes quick and efficiently, giving you some really cool different spirialize styles for different types of vegetables.
THE QUICKEST AND STRONGEST SPIRALIZER TOOLTHAT WE LOVE IS THE KITCHENAID SPIRALIZER ATTACHMENT.
THE MOST SIMPLE TOOL IS A HAND JULIENNE PEELER.
Best Zucchini Noodle Spiralizers and Tools:
Nothing beats tried and true kitchen tools and cookbooks. Here’s some of the favorites:
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil or butter
- 1/2 onion , diced
- 3 cloves garlic , minced (or to taste)
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese (approximately)
- kosher salt or sea salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- Using a spirializer tool, spiralize zucchini into spirals or noodle strands. Set zucchini noodles aside.
- Heat large pan on medium-high heat. Melt butter/oil, then add onion and garlic. Cook garlic until fragrant and translucent. Don't let the garlic burn.
- Add zucchini noodles and cook until tender, about 3-5 minutes. Zucchini noodles cook really fast, so taste a strand as you cook and decide how firm or "al-dente" you want the zucchini. Don't overcook the zucchini noodles or else they'll become mush.
- Add spinach and cook until spinach wilts.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add parmesan cheese and season generously with salt and pepper to taste. Add chili flakes then serve warm.