Lemon Pepper Chicken with Creamy Garlic Lemon Sauce
Loaded with flavor and fantastic, our lemon pepper chicken recipe is a reader favorite. When readers want a simple chicken dinner, our chicken recipe is definitely on the top of everyones list! Using simple ingredients and loaded with flavor our lemon chicken is enjoyed by everyone in the family.
Lemon Pepper Chicken Recipe (Low Carb)
Kids especially love this recipe because there’s lots of sauce that they can add on top of the chicken or on top of their favorite pasta or rice. Lemons are available year round and it’s a beloved citrus to add to sauces because of they bright and vibrant flavors. This lemon pepper chicken and sauce is so fresh, flavorful and superb. Though it’s a creamy sauce, it’s not heavy or too rich and what you’ll taste is a bright citrus tang. The fresh lemon zest and lemon juice we add to the sauce recipe really makes it super delicious and addicting.
Video: Recipe for Low Carb Lemon Pepper Chicken:
Best Skillet Lemon Chicken with Fresh Lemon Juice
The fresh lemon juice is what give the creamy garlic lemon sauce a bright delicious pop! This is the perfect one-pot chicken or skillet chicken dish and you can make dinner in a snap super quick. And on a cold day, this saucy chicken dinner will warm you up quick! Enjoy our lemon pepper chicken recipe with lots of creamy garlic lemon sauce on top! If you’re a fan of one pot or skillet chicken, this recipe is perfect for you. Click Here for All Our –> Scrumptious Chicken Recipes
Chicken With Creamy Garlic Lemon Pepper Sauce
For The Chicken
- 2 pounds (907 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts (approximately)
- 1-2 teaspoons (5 ml) lemon pepper seasoning , or to taste
- (optional) pinch of paprika and/or ground cumin
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) butter
For The Creamy Garlic Lemon Pepper Sauce:
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) butter , or olive oil
- 4 cloves (4 cloves) garlic , minced
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) milk or cream , depending on how rich you want the sauce
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) mustard , (dijon, yellow, spicy brown, etc…)
- zest of 1 medium lemon
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) fresh lemon juice
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste (preferably fresh cracked pepper)
- optional garnish , 3 tablespoons minced parsley
- optional: serve with cooked pasta , noodles, rice, steamed veggies or side of bread.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Pat dry the chicken breasts and cut them lengthwise if the chicken is too thick. Season all sides of chicken with lemon pepper seasoning. (optional) Season with sprinkle of paprika and ground cumin.
- Heat a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Melt the 1 Tablespoon of butter it the skillet. Add the chicken and sear both sides until lightly browned, about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- After chicken is browned, remove it from the skillet. Reduce the heat to medium heat, and melt the 2 tablespoons of butter and stir in garlic. Cook garlic until fragrant. Stir in the milk or cream, chicken broth, Worcestershire, mustard, lemon zest and lemon juice. Whisk the sauce to completely combine and then season with additional salt and pepper to taste. Remove from the heat and return the chicken breasts to the skillet.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake the chicken for about 20-30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- After the chicken is cooked through, garnish with optional parsley. Serve the chicken with the lemon sauce over rice, pasta or noodles.
Click Here for All Our –> Scrumptious Chicken Recipes
Here’s some great chicken wing recipes for your next game day. If you cooked and enjoyed any of our recipes, please let us know in the comments. We appreciate your readership and happy cooking!