Garlic Parmesan Salmon
This garlic parmesan salmon recipe is outstanding and the perfect way to get a low carb dinner on the table for family dinner.
Healthy Salmon Recipe with Garlic and Parmesan
Fresh salmon is so easy to prepare in the oven. Once you make it a few times, the possibilities are endless when it comes to the marinade for the baked salmon. One of our most popular and easy salmon marinades is the garlic, parmesan and fresh herbs. We love using a lot of fresh herbs in our garlic parmesan salmon recipe because it tastes so much fresher. But sometimes fresh herbs aren’t always available, so dried herbs will work well too. The rich flavors of parmesan cheese combined with the fresh herbs really heightens the flavors of salmon so well that you’ll be craving this combination of flavors all the time. It truly is an easy 30 minute recipe and perfect for those weeknights that you’re craving simple clean food without all the fuss.
Video of our Yummy Garlic Parmesan Salmon
This low carb salmon recipe is a great for keto as well. There’s very little carbs and best of all, it’s loaded with fantastic flavor. Everyone loves this recipe because it’s so easy to make. You can easily make the herb and parmesan mix ahead of time. When you come home from work, just coat the salmon with the herb cheese mix and you’re ready to cook!
this recipe was originally published in 2018 and re-published in 2020 with updated video.
Garlic Parmesan Salmon
- two 8 ounce (225 g) salmon fillets *see headnote
- Kosher salt , to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil , or butter - melted
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) freshly chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons (25 g) freshly grated parmesan , or more to taste
- 3 cloves (3 cloves) garlic , minced
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) fresh thyme , dill, oregano or your favorite herb (if using dried herbs, halve the amount)
- 1 medium (1 medium) lemon , sliced or cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet pan with parchment paper or lightly oil a baking dish or an oven safe skillet.
- Season salmon filets on both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, combine the olive oil, parsley, parmesan, garlic, and any additional herbs you’re using.
- Coat the salmon with the parmesan-garlic mixture and place the fillets on the prepared baking sheet pan or baking dish.
- Bake salmon until it is cooked through to your desired texture, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with more parmesan and garnish with minced parsley. Serve warm with lemon wedges or slices if desired.