Creamy Garlic Chicken with Broccoli (Keto)
Creamy Garlic Chicken Recipe Keto
This recipe for skillet creamy garlic chicken is definitely a family favorite. Within 30 minutes you can have a keto chicken dinner for the adults and for the kids, add some pasta! The flavorful creamy garlic sauce shouldn’t go to waste and give the kids some bread to soak up leftover sauce. There’s something for everyone and our creamy garlic chicken has broccoli, which is an added nutritional bonus! Use up any stocked up pantry items like condensed cream of chicken soup, mushroom soup or any condensed creamy soup base. The secret if a lot of fresh garlic, which adds amazing flavor. If you don’t have fresh chopped garlic, you can definitely use garlic powder or granulated garlic. We’re working on a sauce version that uses fresh cream. Stay tuned for that soon!
Video: Recipe for Creamy Garlic Chicken with Broccoli
What Vegetables to Cook with This Skillet Chicken Recipe?
Our recipe calls for broccoli because it’s a classic family favorite. But you can certainly use spinach, kale, swiss chard, cauliflower and mushrooms. The possibilities are endless to make this creamy garlic chicken recipe a little healthier. There’s lots of nourishing greens and veggies out there! You can also use frozen veggies too, but let them thaw a little bit then add them at the end of the cooking time. Don’t let the frozen veggies release their water in the skillet or else it’ll water down the flavorful garlic sauce. If you’re using more firm frozen veggies like carrots, you’ll need to cook them in the sauce for a few more minutes to make sure they cook all the way through.
Skillet Creamy Garlic Chicken with Broccoli
- 2 pounds (907 g) boneless chicken breasts (or chicken thighs)
- salt , to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper , to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) paprika
- 4 tablespoons (60 ml) butter , divided
- 4 cloves (4 cloves) garlic , minced
- 10.5 ounces (300 g) (1 can) Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup , or more if needed
- 1 cup (240 ml) water
- 2 cups (240 ml) chopped broccoli (or spinach, kale, cauliflower, green beans, carrots, etc.)
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and paprika. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat. Melt half the butter (2 tablespoons). Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes on each side or until the chicken is browned. Remove chicken from pan, cover and keep warm.
- In the same pan, melt remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, add the garlic and cook until garlic is lightly browned and fragrant. Whisk in the condensed cream of chicken soup and water. Cook until the mixture is hot and bubbly, then turn heat down to low.
- Add chicken back into the pan and add the broccoli. Cover the pan with a lid and cook for about another 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. If you want more firm or al-dente broccoli, add the broccoli after the chicken is almost cooked so that the broccoli is more crunchy. If you’re using frozen veggies, make sure they thaw and drain first. If they drain all the water in the sauce, it’ll water down the sauce and make it less flavorful. Serve warm.
Here’s more of our–> Easy Skillet Recipes:
Here’s more great skillet chicken recipes to check out. If you make this recipe, please share it on social media. We’d love to see your creations! Or share your comments below in the comment box.