Crunchy, savory and bright with fresh herbs, our 20 minute greek salad is fantastic! There’s so many occasions for this easy greek salad recipe, it’ll be your go-to side dish.
Loaded with chopped vegetables, the colors and fresh flavors can’t be beat. Our greek salad recipe is quick and easy to whip together and you can make a big batch for lunch throughout the week or for sharing at your next potluck. All the crunchy cucumbers, tomatoes and olives are bound together with a delicious vinaigrette. The feta cheese adds a fantastic extra layer of savory flavor. It’s hard to say no to making this greek salad because it’s so good and perfect to pair with baked chicken or salmon. Best of all, you can add some couscous or quinoa to it if you want to make it even more hearty!
Video for this Super Fresh 20 minute Greek Salad Recipe
Check out some Favorites for this Recipe:
Nothing beats tried and true kitchen tools and products. Here’s some of the favorites:
Microplane Zester – Lemon zest perfected!
Murray River Salt – Easily our favorite finishing salt. Amazing salt from Australia. Perfect flakes and super delicious!
This salad is so versatile. You can add what ever veggies you want. You can customize the flavors of the vinaigrette as well, along with the amount of cheese that you want!
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- lemon zest , from 1 medium lemon
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice , fresh if possible
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt or sea salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper , fresh cracked if possible
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano , or 2 teaspoons fresh chopped oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon dried dill , or 2 teaspoons fresh chopped dill
- 1 large cucumber or 3-4 small cucumbers, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 4 ripe roma tomatoes diced (or 1 cup (240ml) cherry tomatoes, halved)
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 3/4 cup pitted black kalamata olives , halved
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Make the dressing: In large bowl whisk together all the dressing ingredients (olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano and dill). Taste the dressing and adjust salt, pepper or additional seasonings, to taste.
Add all the ingredients for the salad into the bowl. Gently stir everything together to coat with the dressing. Add additional fresh lemon zest or juice (optional) to taste. Serve chilled.