Greek Yogurt Egg Salad
Are you a fan of of Greek yogurt? This egg salad recipe with greek yogurt is right up your alley. The yogurt adds healthy probiotics and it’s a paleo friendly and perfect for lunch! Rather than using high fat mayo, the creamy texture of Greek yogurt is a nice healthy alternative. The tangy and tart yogurt flavor makes this probiotic egg salad recipe wonderfully bright and fresh.
Greek Yogurt Egg Salad Recipe
If you’re using non-fat Greek yogurt, then the recipe is even healthier and low fat. For more flavor and depth, we love adding a sprinkle of ground cumin. But the ground cumin is totally optional. To balance out the flavors and textures of this egg salad, we’ve added some crunch from celery and minced pickles. Add extra pickles if you like because the flavors from the minced pickles are fantastic. You can even spice up this recipe beyond the paprika. If you like, add some minced onion, chili powder, garlic salt, lemon pepper or your favorite blend of spices.
Video: Probiotic Greek Yogurt Egg Salad Recipe
Probiotics are Good for You
Yogurt is fantastic and a great source of probiotics. It promotes gut health and and a great source of protein. So our egg salad recipe has lots of protein, keto friendly and paleo friendly. There’s so much good stuff in this dish, especially if you eat it on a bed of green salad, arugula or kale!
Tips on Making the Greek Yogurt Egg Salad
- Use any plain yogurt you prefer, non-fat will just have less calories and any flavor difference is barely noticeable in the egg salad.
- You don’t have to use Greek Yogurt. “Regular” yogurt works fine, but the thickness of Greek yogurts are nice in the recipe. You might want to use a little less if using a more runny yogurt.
- Add the chopped eggs at the end so they don’t get too beaten up when mixing in. It’s nice to have a bit of texture from the eggs. Plus you get the seasonings all evenly mixed before adding the eggs.
Here’s a great avocado egg salad recipe!
Non-Fat Yogurt Egg Salad Recipe
- Combine non-fat yogurt, celery, mustard, green onions, pickles, paprika, cumin, salt and black pepper to taste in a bowl. Add chopped eggs and gently stir to combine all ingredients together. Taste for seasoning and add more salt, pepper, or spices if desired.
- Serve on a bed of fresh green lettuce or serve with low carb crackers or bread. Enjoy!
You’ll Love these Other Egg Recipes:
This recipe was originally published in 2018 and re-published in 2020 with new video!