Keto Egg Muffins Recipe (Low Carb)
Perfect for breakfast, brunch, snack or dinner, our keto egg muffins is perfect for anytime of day. These flavorful mini crustless quiches or egg muffins are low carb and loaded with protein. You can add almost anything you want in them and make vegetarian egg muffin cups by loading them up with vegetables like spinach, kale or green onions. You can also make a meat lovers version and add cooked sausage, bacon AND ham for the ultimate protein bite. There’s so many versions, the possibilities for this cheese egg muffin recipe is endless. We’ve made so many versions of these egg muffin cups that there’s really no favorite.
Watch our Video for Cheese Egg Muffins with Ham
We like to call it our “kitchen sink” meal because you just clear out your fridge of what ever ingredients you have on hand and whisk them with some eggs and bake them in muffins/cupcake tins. After a few minutes in the oven, these keto egg muffins fluff up so beautifully. There’s portion control too because each egg muffin cup is an individual serving. We also love adding extra cheese like feta cheese, goat cheese, gouda, swiss, cheddar. The possibilities are endless. What ever you decide to add, make sure to add some topping options because the toppings make these egg muffins over the top! Salsa, avocado, guacamole and chopped jalapeños are just a few options that make these muffins the best part of breakfast and brunch.
Handy Tools Used in This Recipe
Keto Egg Muffins with Ham & Cheese
- 12 large eggs
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) milk
- 1 cup (115 g) diced ham
- 5 green onions , diced
- 1/2 cup (57 g) grated or crumbled cheese (of choice) plus extra if you want for topping
- sea salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- Fresh chopped tomatoes
- Fresh Basil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C. Spray a 12-muffin cup pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk together the eggs. Stir in the milk, ham, green onions, cheese, and season with salt and pepper. Stir to evenly combine.
- Using small ladle or large cookie scoop, divide the mixture evenly between the the muffin pan. If you want extra cheese, you can sprinkle some on top of each muffin cup.
- Bake at 350°F/175°C for 20-25 minutes, or until the egg muffins are fully cooked. Allow to cool for 3-5 minutes in the pan then use a knife to loosen the muffins and onto serving plates. Serve warm with additional favorite toppings!
Check out more of our Keto, Low Carb Breakfast Menu!
If you made this recipe or any of our dishes, please share in the comments below. Or it would be awesome to share your photo so our online community can see. Just tag us on our social media accounts and we’d love to see and share. Thanks so much and happy cooking!