Low Carb Jalapeño Popper Dip
Love jalapeño poppers? Well, our baked jalapeño popper dip is the best of both worlds. This recipe for jalapeño popper dip is a combination of cheesy, savory and spicy! There’s always an occasion for cheesy dip recipes. We’ve created quite a few recipes for cheese dips but there always needs to be spicier versions! The balance between cheese and spice is a wonderful combination. Add a bag of crunchy chips and it’s party time! Our baked cheddar jalapeño dip has onions in it which gives makes the whole dip a triple threat! When the onions bake, they begin to caramelize. Add the flavors of cheddar and spicy jalapeño, what you end up with is a fantastic flavor trio that everyone will obsess over. Customize the level of jalapeño in your version of baked cheddar jalapeño dip. Add more for extra spice or a little less for a mild version.
Watch Delicious Video of the Baked Jalapeño Popper Dip being made:
If you want extra spice, add a little bit of chopped habanero peppers. Wow! habanero peppers are truly spicy so be careful with how much you add. There’s some seriously spicy peppers out there that really hit the high scoville heat levels. What ever chili pepper you decide on, it’ll be a go-to and a party pleaser everyone will devour. And oh don’t forget, this jalapeño popper dip also goes great with some ice cold beer for the adults. If it’s too spicy, you might want to make a less spicy version for the kiddos. And make sure to have a nice cold pitcher of lemonade or fruit juice for the kids!
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese , at room temperature (1 package)
- 1 cup Mayonnaise (preferably Best Foods/Hellmans brand)
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated Cheddar cheese , divided
- 2-3 Jalapeños , diced (seeded if desired for less spicy)
- 1 medium Onion , diced (try using sweet onion, it'll taste better!)
- 2 teaspoons Black Pepper , freshly cracked if possible
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Mix together the cream cheese, mayo, 1 cup of the cheddar cheese, diced jalapeños, onion, black pepper, garlic powder, cumin, and chili powder until everything is thoroughly combined.
Transfer the mixture into a 6-inch (15-cm) baking dish or any oven-safe dish. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake the dip for 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until everything is melted together and the top crust is brown and almost burnt-looking. The darker brown the crust becomes, the better the flavors are.
- Serve with crunchy low carb vegetables such as radishes, cucumber and celery.
Kids love gluten free chicken tenders! Recipe here.