Air Fried Shrimp with Garlic
This air fried shrimp recipe is super easy and a game changer. Within minutes you have a flavorful, perfectly cooked and healthy air fryer shrimp.
Air Fried Shrimp Recipe
You’re going to love air frying shrimp because it’s quick, easy and fantastic! It’s definitely been a game changer for us to cook shrimp in a different way than the stove or oven. The texture is fantastic and best of all, the clean up is super easy. Add a little garlic, good salt and pepper to the shrimp and you have an awesome side dish. Serve it on a salad for a healthy lunch or add it to some tacos.
Video: Recipe for Air Fryer Shrimp
Time and Temperature for Air Fryer Shrimp
Cooking the shrimp is quick and hardly takes any effort. For timing, it will vary slightly because shrimp comes in all different sizes. From small bay shrimp to large tiger shrimp, air frying times will be very different. Start with the recommended time for medium shrimp in our recipe box below. Then adjust timing based on your shrimp size. After you make your first batch, you’ll know more of what your exact time is based on your preference and air fryer model. Don’t forget to add some delicious spices. You’ll love this technique and be forever changes.
How to Serve this Dish:
- There’s many different ways to serve this delicious and flavorful shrimp.
- shrimp tacos are awesome!
- add this to a bed of lettuce or arugula for a great salad
- Serve it with some quinoa, couscous or your favorite low carb grain
- Roll it into shrimp and avocado spring rolls
- This is perfect for shrimp cocktail! The air fried flavors are way better than boiling shrimp.
Air Fryer Garlic Shrimp w/ Lemon
- 1 pound (454 g) raw shrimp , peeled de-veined,
- Vegetable oil , to coat shrimp
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) garlic powder
- Salt , to taste
- Black pepper , to taste
- lemon wedges
- minced parsley and/or chili flakes (optional)
- In a bowl toss the shrimp with oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Make sure shrimp is evenly coated.
- Put the shrimp in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Air Fry at 400°F for about 10-14 minutes, gently shaking and flipping halfway *cooking time will depend on size of shrimp.
- Put shrimp in a bowl or serving platter. Squeeze a little lemon on the shrimp and serve with additional lemon wedges, and topped with optional minced parsley and/or chili flakes.
Nutrition Information per Serving
Check out more of our Healthy Air Fryer Recipes Here:
Here’s more of our complete air fryer recipes collection here.