Beef & Cauliflower Stir Fry Recipe (Low Carb, 30 minutes)
Our beef and cauliflower recipe is fantastic, low carb, healthy and super easy. Within 30 minutes, you can have a skillet beef and cauliflower stir fry to enjoy for lunch or dinner.
Low Carb Beef and Cauliflower Stir Fry
Based off the popular beef and broccoli, replacing the broccoli with cauliflower is a delicious alternative to cooking another vegetable. We love the flavor of cauliflower with the beef and if you’re a fan of this healthy vegetable, this stir fry recipe is for you. The high protein and low carb components of this stir fry is perfectly paleo and keto-friendly. Wonderful for adding to your low carb diet and lifestyle.
Video: Recipe for Beef and Cauliflower Stir Fry
How to Cook Skillet Beef and Cauliflower Recipe
- The best flavors to this stir fry recipe is to brown the garlic, onion and beef.
- Brown the beef first: The flavors are fantastic and the browned beef is better when it’s cooked to the right texture.
- For the cauliflower, we prefer to use fresh because the texture is so much better and the flavor is more pronounced. You can use frozen cauliflower, but make sure to let it thaw and drain all the water first.
- Adding frozen vegetables to any stir fry will make the dish too watery.
- See our step-by-step photos below and recipe details are in the recipe box below.
Easy Beef & Cauliflower Stir Fry
- 1 pound (454 g) beef sirloin , top round, chuck steak, or flank steak, sliced thin for a tender bite
- 1 pound (454 g) cauliflower florets , cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) vegetable oil , divided
- 1/2 (1/2) onion , diced
- 3 cloves (3 cloves) garlic , minced
- 3 (3) green onions , sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 inch (2.5 cm) knob of fresh ginger , minced (optional)
- Make the sauce: in medium bowl whisk together the water and cornstarch until smooth. Whisk in the remaining all sauce ingredients (soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sesame seed oil). Set aside.
- Heat a large sauce pan on medium-high heat. Add 2 Tablespoons of oil, onion, garlic and ginger. Cook until soft and translucent. Add cauliflower and cook until it is tender, stirring constantly (if you like your cauliflower soft, add about 1/4 cup of water to the pan while it cooks - it should be absorbed and evaporated off by the time the cauliflower is soft). Remove all ingredients from pan.
- Add remaining 1 Tablespoon of oil to pan. Heat pan to high heat. Add beef and sear until cooked through. Add cauliflower back into the pan with the beef and stir.
- Stir in the green onion slices. Stir the sauce one more time to make sure the cornstarch is incorporated, then pour the sauce over the beef and cauliflower. Heat the sauce to a strong simmer. Cook for about 1-2 minutes to thicken the sauce, stirring occasionally to make sure all beef and cauliflower is coated with sauce.
- Serve warm over rice or noodles, if desired.
Nutrition Information per Serving
Can you make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, this is a great recipe for make ahead. Just make sure to allow the beef and cauliflower to cool completely. When you freeze this, also make sure to use a silicone spatula to scrape and save all the sauce. The sauce is the best part!
Here’s more great cauliflower recipes to enjoy!