Healthy Air Fried Chicken and Broccoli “Stir Fry”
We love Asian stir fries like chicken and broccoli stir fry. Our new favorite is healthy air fryer chicken and broccoli in the air fryer. With such little oil, this low fat dish “stir fry” dish is easy made in the air fryer. It’s a fantastic quick and easy chicken dinner for weeknights when you need an easy healthy dinner. Best of all, there’s little clean up and all finished in one vessel.
Video: Air Fryer Chicken And Broccoli
The flavor of the chicken and broccoli from the air fryer is fantastic. It’s crispy, with toasted edges and super flavorful. The texture is more like roasted chicken and broccoli, which is just as fantastic. This healthy air fryer chicken recipe is low fat and fantastic when served with some wild rice or brown rice. It’s not greasy and the broccoli is wonderful crispy and flavorful. Give it a try and you’ll be obsessed with air fryer recipes from now on. Dinner comes together so quickly and easily. Again, the benefit is that there’s such little oil when it comes to healthy air fryer recipes!
How to Make Air Fried Chicken and Broccoli
Combine chicken, broccoli and onions in bowl. Add marinade and toss evenly with ingredients. Add all ingredients to air fryer.
Gently toss and stir ingredients once during cooking. Do this twice if needed.
Check one last time, if chicken need more time, stir and cook for additional 3 minutes.
Here’s all our great Air Fryer Recipes with Less Oil
More great Air Fryer Recipes from Best Recipe Box
More Healthy Air Fryer Recipes:
- Low Carb Air Fryer Sriracha Cauliflower Recipe
- Awesome Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts Recipe
- Air fryer Homemade French Fries
What are the Best Air Fryers?
There’s so many on the market now. You just need to research and find the ones that fits your needs, capacity and style.
Tidylife 4.2QT Air Fryer – Texture for several dishes came out noticeably better than other brands. This one tends to cook a little hotter and quicker.
The non-stick basket style (non-wire base) & smoothness of the basket tray is great for cleaning up.
NuWave Brio 3 qt. Digital Air Fryer – This NuWave Air Fryer is great too and it’s our second favorite. The basket has wire base (which we found sticks a bit more) and it doesn’t have the 1/2 way reminder beep of the some other brands, however still cooks great.
This NuWave model has a lower temperature capability, which can give you more cooking options for foods that need lower temperatures. The lower temperature feature might be great for proofing breads!
Tiluxury 5.8 qt. Digital Air Fryer – It’s a good larger air fryer capable of cooking for larger families, especially when you need to cook more food. It’s great for cooking bigger batches (ie 4 salmon fillets instead of 2 or 2 lbs of fries instead of 1).
We like that this Tiluxury 5.8qt has the non-stick basket (non-wire base). Makes for less sticking for delicate meals (ie baked fish fillets). And we like the digital interface (easier cleaning).
Oster Copper-Infused DuraCeramic 3.3 qt. Air Fryer – We love the copper infused ceramic coating on the basket and it good great. The knobs are easy to use and overall functionality is great.
Plus, if you’re familiar with the Oster brand, they’re reliable and not too expensive.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast , cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/4-1/2 pound broccoli , cut into small florets (1-2 cups)
- 1/2 medium onion , sliced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil or grape seed oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon fresh minced ginger
- 1 Tablespoon low sodium soy sauce , or to taste (use Tamari for Gluten Free)
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar (use distilled white vinegar for Gluten Free)
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce (optional)
- additional salt , to taste
- additional black pepper , to taste
- serve with lemon wedges
In a large bowl, combine chicken breast, broccoli and onion. Toss ingredients together.
- Make the Marinade: In a bowl, combine oil, garlic powder, ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar and hot sauce. Pour marinade evenly over chicken/broccoli/onion in the bowl. Stir thoroughly to combine marinade over chicken, broccoli and onions.
Air Fry: Add ingredients to air fry basket. Air fry 380°F for 16-20 minutes, shaking and gently tossing halfway through cooking. Make sure to toss so that everything cooks evenly.
- Check chicken to make sure it’s cooked through. If not, cook for additional 3-5 minutes.
- Add additional salt and pepper, to taste. Squeeze fresh lemon juice on top and serve warm.