Low Carb Skillet Beef and Mushrooms in Cream Sauce
This is a fantastic skillet dinner for the whole family: low carb beef and mushrooms! It’s a quick and easy dinner that’s also keto-friendly. Just add this delicious creamy skillet dish on a bed of steamed veggies and low carb dinner is served!
Low Carb Skillet Beef and Mushrooms
For the kids who can spare some carbs, you can definitely add this on a bed of rice or over some noodles. Quick and easy skillet dinners are always a time saver for weeknight dinners. That’s why our easy skillet recipe is perfect for those busy days that you crave a no-fuss, low carb meal. Sautéed with onions, the flavors really are outstanding, and best of all, the creamy flavors cook everything together nicely. What you end up is a pan of scrumptious and delicious mushrooms and beef. It’s hearty, flavorful, satisfying and perfectly low carb for what ever your lifestyle is. Some great low carb keto-friendly veggies are steamed cauliflower, sautéed zucchini or broccoli. Love zucchini noodles? This would be fantastic on a bed of zoodles. You won’t miss the pasta when using zucchini noodles and the mushroom beef is a fantastic topping. You can eat more and have less guilt!
Video: Keto Skillet Beef and Mushrooms Recipe
Tips for Cooking This recipe:
- Brown the beef and mushrooms till they’re nice and brown. The tidbits from the browning add great flavor and color.
- Make sure to add enough seasoning. If you don’t use enough salt, the flavors won’t come out.
- Add extra of your favorite dried spices or dried herbs. All these additions can customize the flavors to your liking and gives great flavor.
- Serve with a side of cauliflower rice for a low carb option.
Skillet Beef & Mushrooms in Cream Sauce
- 1 pound (454 g) ground beef
- 8 ounces (227 g) mushrooms , sliced (add more if you like!)
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) oil
- 3 cloves (3 cloves) garlic , minced
- 1 (1) small onion , minced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) beef broth
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) dried herbs (optional)
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) kosher salt , or more to taste
- lots of fresh cracked black pepper , to taste
- Heat large skillet to medium high heat. Add oil, garlic and onions. Cook until translucent. Add beef and mushrooms. Cook until beef and mushrooms are browned, about 10 minutes.
- Add beef broth, heavy cream, worcestershire, dried herbs, sea salt and black pepper. Simmer for about 5 minutes or until everything is combined and cooked through.
- Serve over steamed or sautéed veggies!
You’ll Love these Easy Skillet Recipes:
- Beef & Cauliflower Stir Fry Recipe (Low Carb, 30 minutes)
- Creamy Garlic Chicken with Broccoli (Keto)
- Lemon Pepper Chicken with Creamy Garlic Lemon Sauce
- Skillet Steak Bites with Garlic Butter
Here’s more of our—> Low Carb Skillet and One Pot Recipes
Check out More of our Latest Low Carb Recipes Here!
4 Comments on “Low Carb Skillet Beef and Mushrooms in Cream Sauce”
This skillet recipe is seriously GOOD! This is great for my keto diet!
Been trying to get the kids to eat more mushrooms and this recipe did the trick! They really loved eating this for dinner. Thanks for the recipe!
Nice and easy, and delicious. Although mincing onions is always a crying game haha. I made a big batch and it gave me a couple meals worth. It keeps nice in the fridge and heats up nice and easy too!
Thanks Francis and so glad you enjoyed the recipe! And sorry about the onion tears. 🙂