Low Carb Skillet Beef and Mushrooms in Cream Sauce
This is a fantastic skillet dinner for the whole family: low carb beef and mushrooms! It’s a quick and easy dinner that’s also keto-friendly. Just add this delicious creamy skillet dish on a bed of steamed veggies and low carb dinner is served!
Low Carb Skillet Beef and Mushrooms
For the kids who can spare some carbs, you can definitely add this on a bed of rice or over some noodles. Quick and easy skillet dinners are always a time saver for weeknight dinners. That’s why our easy skillet recipe is perfect for those busy days that you crave a no-fuss, low carb meal. Sautéed with onions, the flavors really are outstanding, and best of all, the creamy flavors cook everything together nicely. What you end up is a pan of scrumptious and delicious mushrooms and beef. It’s hearty, flavorful, satisfying and perfectly low carb for what ever your lifestyle is. Some great low carb keto-friendly veggies are steamed cauliflower, sautéed zucchini or broccoli. Love zucchini noodles? This would be fantastic on a bed of zoodles. You won’t miss the pasta when using zucchini noodles and the mushroom beef is a fantastic topping. You can eat more and have less guilt!
Video: Keto Skillet Beef and Mushrooms Recipe
Tips for Cooking This recipe:
- Brown the beef and mushrooms till they’re nice and brown. The tidbits from the browning add great flavor and color.
- Make sure to add enough seasoning. If you don’t use enough salt, the flavors won’t come out.
- Add extra of your favorite dried spices or dried herbs. All these additions can customize the flavors to your liking and gives great flavor.
- Serve with a side of cauliflower rice for a low carb option.
Skillet Beef & Mushrooms in Cream Sauce
- 1 pound (454 g) ground beef
- 8 ounces (227 g) mushrooms , sliced (add more if you like!)
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) oil
- 3 cloves (3 cloves) garlic , minced
- 1 (1 ) small onion , minced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) beef broth
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) dried herbs (optional)
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) kosher salt , or more to taste
- lots of fresh cracked black pepper , to taste
- Heat large skillet to medium high heat. Add oil, garlic and onions. Cook until translucent. Add beef and mushrooms. Cook until beef and mushrooms are browned, about 10 minutes.
- Add beef broth, heavy cream, worcestershire, dried herbs, sea salt and black pepper. Simmer for about 5 minutes or until everything is combined and cooked through.
- Serve over steamed or sautéed veggies!
You’ll Love these Easy Skillet Recipes:
- Beef & Cauliflower Stir Fry Recipe (Low Carb, 30 minutes)
- Creamy Garlic Chicken with Broccoli (Keto)
- Lemon Pepper Chicken with Creamy Garlic Lemon Sauce
- Skillet Steak Bites with Garlic Butter
Here’s more of our—> Low Carb Skillet and One Pot Recipes
Check out More of our Latest Low Carb Recipes Here!