Oven Baked Pork Ribs
Keto Oven baked pork ribs are a fantastic way to enjoy juicy and tender ribs easy. Not everyone has a grill or a smoker, but an oven can cook ribs super delicious too.
Baked Pork Ribs Recipe
So when you’re craving a rack of ribs, our recipe for easy baked ribs is fantastic. It doesn’t take too long and the results are perfect with a “bite”. If you want them to fall off the bone, just cook them a little longer. You can have your ribs your way and with what ever sugar free or keto sauce or marinade that you want.
Video: Watch How to Cook Oven Baked Ribs Recipe
Tips on Removing the Membrane
To get the most tender ribs for this recipe, you have to remove the membrane. Some butchers or brands of ribs might have the membrane removed. If the membrane is already removed, you’re good to go!
- Start at one end of the rib rack, bone side up. Slice a knife under the membrane and over the bone.
- Gently loosen and lift the membrane until it tears from the bone.
- Use a dry paper towel, grab the edge of the membrane to pull it off, across the whole rack of ribs.
- If the membrane doesn’t come off in one whole pice, pull it off in smaller pieces.
How to Make Keto, Low Carb Baked Ribs
The key to making sure this is a low carb meal is to use low sugar or keto friendly sauces.
- We like to use chicken or beef broth to cook the ribs in to make them tender. Usually apple juice is a popular method, but for the low carb version, just use broth.
- Use different sugar free or keto friendly bbq sauces, marinades or glazes. There’s so many options out there. Here’s some of our favorites:
Low Carb and Low Sugar BBQ Sauces:
Here’s some delicious and great low carb bbq sauces that are keto-friendly. They’re low in sugar and great for this keto baked pork ribs recipe. See the full recipe below in the recipe box for how much sauce to use and for nutritional information.
Rufus Teague Sugar Free BBQ Sauce – Choose from the Smoke N’ Chipotle or Slim N’ Sweet. Thick and rich, Rufus Teague has a history of making great BBQ sauces. Sweetened with Stevia.
Low-Carb Baked BBQ Pork Ribs
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). If needed, remove the silver skin from the bone side of the ribs (sometimes this will already be removed.)
- Cut the rib rack in half and place the ribs, meaty side up, in a 9x11 inch baking dish (or other appropriately sized dish). Pour the broth over the ribs and then season both sides with salt & pepper. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 2 hours. Remove from oven, remove foil, and brush both sides of the ribs with sauce.Return to oven uncovered. Bake for another 30-45 minutes.
- Remove ribs from oven. Brush the ribs a with a little more sauce, slice & serve (for a little extra crust follow next step before slicing).
- Optional for a little extra crust - Heat oven to broil and place oven rack about 6 inches (15cm) down from the top. Brush ribs with glaze again and broil for 2 minutes or until slightly singed. Slice & serve.
Nutrition Information per Serving