Foil Pack Garlic Butter Salmon
Foil pack salmon is amazing! This garlic butter Salmon is a great weekend dish and perfect for those weekend gatherings. Such a perfect and easy baked salmon recipe for dinner!
Foil Pack Garlic Butter Salmon
It’s light, flavorful and wonderful for anyone who loves seafood or is a pescatarian. If it’s Summer and the weather is great outside, we’ll grill this and the results are even better! If anyone loves seafood, especially salmon this is the recipe you’ll turn to over and over again. The great part about this garlic butter salmon recipe is that you can adjust the flavors to your preference. You can always add more garlic or less garlic. The possibilities are endless on how much you want to flavor the salmon filet. It’s hard to not love this recipe because it always turns out great.
Watch Video of our Baked Salmon Foil Pack Recipe
To make this foil pack salmon, it takes simple ingredients. A title bit of garlic and butter is like the perfect combo for a hearty and homemade meal.
Can you use different fish in this foil pack salmon recipe?
First of all, if you want to use a fish other than salmon, that’s not a problem! Second of all, this foil pack recipe is very versatile and can be used for any type of fish. But fish varies in size and thickness so just adjust your cooking time accordingly. If the fish is thinner or smaller, cook it for less time. If the fish filet is thicker, just add a few more minutes. Finally, the simple garlic butter flavors are outstanding and works well with shrimp too for more seafood options!
Honey Garlic Salmon Recipe HERE.
Here’s more fantastic and easy recipes:
- Slow cooker taco chicken salad
- Healthy white fish with Lemon and Capers
- Lemon pepper chicken with creamy sauce
- Garlic Parmesan Salmon
- easy teriyaki salmon recipe
- Enjoy! —> More Seafood Recipes and Healthy Recipes
Foil-Pack Baked Garlic Butter Salmon
- 2 salmon filets (6-7 ounces each)
- 2 Tablespoons butter melted
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried or fresh thyme or oregano or mix of both
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill or 1 teaspoon (5ml fresh chopped dill)
- Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 medium lemon cut into wedges
- Fresh minced parsley for topping
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Generously ine a baking sheet with large sheet of aluminum foil that goes past the pan. Place salmon on top of the foil and gather up the sides of the foil, but don't close it all the way yet.
- In bowl, whisk together the melted butter, garlic, lemon juice, dried thyme/oregano, dried dill, salt and pepper.
- Pour the butter mixture over the salmon. Fold the foil over to nearly completely cover the salmon. Leave a small opening on top for steam to escape.
- Bake salmon until cooked through, about 15 minutes depending on the thickness of the salmon. Adjust cooking times to your preferred salmon texture.
- Serve warm with parsley sprinkled on top and with lemon wedges.
This foil pack salmon recipe was originally published in 2019 and re-published in 2021 with updated photos.