Keto Pizza Crust: Low Carb Almond or Coconut Flour
If you’re on a low carb or Keto diet, you don’t have to give up pizza! You can totally eat low carb pizza by making this super easy recipe for keto pizza crust. It’s quick easy and delicious pizza recipe that’s keto friendly.
Keto Pizza Crust Recipe
The almond flour gives a nice bite to the pizza and you can also use coconut flour. Don’t expect the crust to be totally firm like the regular wheat crusts. This low carb version will be slightly softer, but you can still pick it up like a regular slice of pizza. But at least you have a version that allows you to enjoy pizza without all the carbs! It’s a win-win recipe and perfect for pizza night without all the carb-guilt!
Video: Low Carb Pizza Crust Recipe that’s Keto Friendly
Almond Flour vs. Coconut Flour for Low Carb Pizza?
We’ve tested both types of low carb flours and both are fantastic.
- We did find that the coconut flour was a little more firm and crisp than the almond flour.
- Also, there’s different types of almond flour: some have the whole almonds milled into the flour. This means that there’s the almond skin in the flour mix too. This type of almond flour made the pizza crust softer. But the almond flour without the brown skins definitely had a better, firm texture.
- Added bonus: these crusts are gluten-free pizza crusts too. There’s so much to enjoy and the whole test kitchen team absolutely loved eating pizza with less carbs. YUM!
How to Make Low Carb Pizza Crust with Almond Flour Keto
- Make the base pizza crust by softening the cheese & cream cheese.
- Add the low carb flour of choice: almond flour or coconut flour. Roll the dough into the ball and it will be slightly sticky, so it helps to lightly oil or wet your hands.
- Shape the soft low carb pizza dough into the flat shape.
- Use a low carb homemade tomato sauce. Here’s the recipe.
- Add all your toppings, bake and enjoy! All recipe details are in the recipe box below.
Keto Almond Flour Pizza Crust – Low Carb ”Fat Head”
Low Carb-Keto Crust
- 1 1/2 cups (170 g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) cream cheese , pinched or cut into small cubes
- 2 large (2 large) eggs , beaten
- 1/4 cup (30 g) almond flour or coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) fresh cracked black pepper
- thinly sliced mushrooms , tomatoes, onion, veggies or spinach
- pepperoni , pre-cooked bacon bits or pre-cooked crumbled sausage
- Preheat oven to 425°F/220°C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly oil the parchment paper.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine mozzarella cheese and cream cheese pieces. Microwave for about 30-45 seconds, stir and microwave for about another 30 seconds or until everything is incorporated.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients (beaten eggs, almond or coconut flour, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper) and stir until well combined. If needed, oil your hands lighlty and slightly knead the mixture until a dough forms. If it’s too hard, microwave for a few seconds to make it softer.
- Lay the dough on the prepared parchment paper and flatten it out with a rolling pin or your hands. Roll the dough to about 1/4-inch (6mm) thick. Use a fork to poke holes throughout the dough.
- Bake for about 8 minutes and poke the bubbles that may form. Continue baking for additional 10-14 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes then add your favorite toppings. Return the pizza to the oven and bake for additional 7- 10 minutes or until cheese melts and toppings are cooked.
Nutrition Information per Serving
Crave more low carb pizza? Check out our complete low carb and keto friendly collection of pizza recipes here.
- Make our –> homemade low carb tomato sauce recipe!
- Pepperoni Chips are crispy and great low carb snack.
- Low Carb cauliflower pizza crust recipe using fresh or frozen minced cauliflower
- Shredded chicken makes a delicious keto pizza crust and it’s super delicious.
- Here’s more great pizza topping ideas for your party!