Low Carb Chicken Crust Pizza KETO
What does low carb chicken crust pizza mean? Well, first of all, it’s an amazing way to enjoy pizza without so many carbs! Yup, you don’t have to give up pizza if you’re wanting to live the low carb lifestyle. This keto friendly pizza crust t is made from shredded cooked chicken.
Low Carb Chicken Crust Pizza
With some egg and parmesan cheese added to the mix, the chicken crust bakes and holds together perfectly. It’s made from chicken and forms wonderfully into what ever pizza shape you want. We were skeptical at first, but wow, it definitely is super delicious. It’s a high protein, low carb pizza crust that is perfect for the keto lifestyle. It’s also gluten free and there’s another reason to enjoy this fantastic crust.
Video: Recipe for Low Carb Chicken Pizza Crust
Tips on How to Make Low Carb Keto Chicken Pizza Crust
- We used cooked shredded chicken breast from a roast chicken or cooking a chicken breast. You can also use ground chicken or turkey. Some recipes start with the raw ground chicken mix then baking it. But we find that cooking the ground chicken first, then baking it will give a crisper crust.
- For the lowest carbs, make your own homemade low carb tomato sauce. Here’s our low carb tomato sauce recipe here.
- You can use what ever toppings you want. But if they are usually higher in carbs, we find that it’s still ok for this pizza. Even if you used 2 thinly sliced mushrooms, it’s not much net carbs for the whole pizza. You can have lots of delicious fun here with the toppings.
- All recipe details are in the recipe box below.
Low Carb Chicken Crust Pizzas
- 1 1/4 cups (300 ml) packed cooked shredded chicken (about 1/2 lb.-227g)
- 2 large (2 large) eggs
- 1/2 cup (50 g) grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) fresh cracked black pepper
- thinly sliced mushrooms, tomatoes, onion, veggies
- pepperoni, bacon bits or pre-cooked crumbled sausage
- Preheat oven to 425°F/220°C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly oil the parchment paper.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl. Stir in the shredded chicken, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper and mix well to completely combine.
- Place the chicken mixture in a mound on the oiled parchment paper. Pat and press the chicken together making sure there’s no air between the chicken and to flatten and shape the crust into a round or square shape about 1/4-inch (6mm) thin.
- Bake the chicken crust for about 15-20 minutes or until it firms up and is light golden around the edges. Remove from oven and allow the crust to cool for about 5-10 minutes so it can become a little more firm.
- Add your favorite toppings and return the pizza to the oven. Bake for about another 10 minutes, or until the cheese melts and toppings are cooked.
Nutrition Information per Serving
Crave more low carb pizza? Check out our complete low carb and keto friendly collection of pizza recipes here.
- Make our –> homemade low carb tomato sauce recipe!
- Try another–> low carb pizza crust made with almond flour!
- Low Carb cauliflower pizza crust recipe using fresh or frozen minced cauliflower
- Shredded chicken makes a delicious keto pizza crust and it’s super delicious.
- Here’s more great pizza topping ideas for your party!