Crispy Air Fryer Breaded Broccoli Bites (Keto)
Air Fryer Breaded Broccoli Bites – KETO
We’re obsessed with these low carb and keto air fryer broccoli bites. They’re so good! Our air fryer breaded broccoli bites are definitely on our top 10 list of favorite air fried snack. Fresh broccoli combined with a crispy, crunchy outside are so good and super easy! They’re so addicting and best of all keto friendly and low carb by breading them with crushed pork rinds. . These homemade bites takes a few minutes to make and you’ll be hooked with customizing your own personal batch. Choose type of spices for a different flavor every time you make these. You can make them spicy by using chipotle spices or extra flavorful with curry powder.
Video: Air Fried Broccoli Bites: Crispy, Low Carb
How to Make Keto Air Fried Crispy Broccoli
- Try to use fresh broccoli, it tastes so much better and will be crispier! Sure you can use frozen broccoli, but you have to let it thaw and them drain all the water out of it. All the thawed frozen broccoli won’t be as as crispy because of all the moisture.
- Make sure your broccoli cuts are all even sized for even cooking.
- We love using crushed pork rinds. You can buy them already pre-ground or grind pork rinds yourself in the food processor.
- You an also use almond flour or coconut flour instead of the crushed pork rinds. But those flours aren’t as crunchy as pork rinds. And if you’re using those low carb flours, you have to spray the outside completely so the flour air fried crisp. If you leave any dry flour spots, they will be hard and not crispy.
- Refer to more recipe details in the recipe box below. You can also print out the keto air fryer breaded broccoli recipe.
Air Fryer Crispy Breaded Broccoli Bite
- 1/2 pound (227 g) fresh broccoli , cut into bite sized pieces (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) sea salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) garlic powder
- 1 large egg , beaten
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) ground pork rinds
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) grated parmesan cheese
- Pre-heat air fryer at 360°F for 5 minutes.
- Add broccoli to a bowl. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder evenly over broccoli. Add beaten egg to the broccoli and stir to coat the broccoli.
- In another bowl combine the ground pork rinds and parmesan cheese Dip broccoli in the pork rind mix and shake off excess. Spray all sides of the breaded broccoli with oil spray. Dry coating might fly around in air fryer and burn, so make sure to coat any dry spots.
- Spray air fryer basket/tray with oil spray and add broccoli in an even layer.
- Air Fry at 360°F for 5-8 minutes. Gently flip and spray any dry spots with oil spray.
- Air Fry at 360°F for additional 3-5 minutes or until they are crispy golden brown. Serve warm with your favorite dip.
Here’s more of our Low Carb Vegetable Recipes
Here’s Some Great Keto Dips & Sauces