Air Fryer Steak Bites with Potatoes or Without
Easy Air Fryer Steak Bites Recipe
We love eating steak bites and they’re keto and paleo friendly. Air fried steak bites in the air fryer are the best way to make them! It’s so easy to cook air fryer steak bites because you can get a great texture on the outside and inside. Best of all, the clean up is minimal. After a few minutes, depending on how well done you like your steak bites, you can dinner on the table.
Video: Best Steak Bites in Air Fryer
What Temperature to Cook Steak Bites in Air Fryer?
Air Fryer temperatures will vary slightly on each model. But consistency after testing on 6 different air fryers, we like to cook the steaks at 400 F. Preheat the air fryer first and the hot temperature will give the steaks steak bites a great sear! If you like your steak bites medium rare, the hot temperature will give you that perfect outside crust and medium rare center. If you like your air fryer steak bites to be medium or more cooked, no problem! Just cook the steak bites for a few more minutes. After cooking your first steak bites in the air fryer on your specific air fryer model, you’ll know what exact time is best for you.
Best Recipe for Air Fried Steak Bites
You’ll love these steak bites so much that you’ll probably make them more often! You can make them with potatoes, or without. Or add mushrooms, asparagus or what ever veggies you like. If it’s potatoes or firmer veggies, make sure to par-boil them a bit first so that the steak bites and veggies cook at the same time. Or you can cook the steak bites first and while they rest, cook the veggies after.
What are the Best Air Fryers?
There’s so many on the market now. You just need to research and find the ones that fits your needs, capacity and style. We group the basket style air fryers into 2 main size groups: 3-4 qt range & the 5-6 qt. range. Here’s our favorites:
Cosori 3.7 qt. Digital Air Fryer – “That’s a stylish Air Fryer” was said as we unboxed the Cosori. Beyond being stylish, it has cooked great. The basket is not as tall and wider than most in its size group, which is perfect. You’ll have a lot better results in an air fryer with single layered, spread out foods, then with ones piled high and thick.
The non-stick basket style (non-wire base) & smoothness of the basket tray is also great for clean up.
Ninja 4 qt. Digital Air Fryer – Has a great ceramic coated basket, one of the longest lasting we’ve used. Super powerful fan that will often cook recipes even faster than other air fryers. We initially returned our first one because we thought we wouldn’t like the basket style. After reconsidering, we bought another and are super glad we did. We love it’s basket and just a platform insert. One less bulky thing to wash. This is a great air fryer.
Good Larger Air Fryers
Tiluxury 5.8 qt. Digital Air Fryer – It’s a good larger air fryer capable of cooking for larger families, especially when you need to cook more food. It’s great for cooking bigger batches (ie 4 salmon fillets instead of 2 or 2 lbs of fries instead of 1).
We like that this Tiluxury 5.8 qt has the non-stick basket (non-wire base). Makes for less sticking for delicate meals (ie baked fish fillets). And we like the digital interface (easier cleaning).
Gourmia 6 qt. Digital Air Fryer – This is quickly becoming one of our favorite larger basket style air fryers. Great basket size, good controls, cooks nice. Clean up is great. It has become one of our kitchen favorites. We’ll often find it as Costco at a great price too!
Air Fryer Steak Bites (with or without potatoes)
- 1 lb. (454 g) steaks , cut into 1/2” cubes & patted dry
- 1/2 lb. (227 g) potatoes (optional) , cut into 1/2” pieces
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) butter , melted (or oil)
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) garlic powder
- salt , to taste
- Black pepper , to taste
- Minced parsley , garnish
- Melted butter for finishing , optional
- Chili Flakes , for finishing, optional
- Heat a large pot of water to a boil and then add the potatoes. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until nearly tender and then drain.
- Combine the steak cubes and blanched potatoes. Coat with the melted butter and then season with Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Preheat the Air Fryer at 400°F for 4 minutes.
- Spread the steak and potatoes in even layer in air fryer basket. Air fry at 400°F for 10-18 minutes, shaking and flipping and the steak and potatoes about 3 times through cooking process (time depends on your preferred doneness, thickness of the steak, and size of air fryer).
- Check the steak to see how well done it is cooked. If you want the steak more done, add an extra 2-5 minutes of cooking time.
- Garnish with parsley and drizzle with optional melted butter and/or optional chili flakes. Season with additional salt & pepper if desired. Serve warm
- Recipes were cooked in 3-4 qt air fryers. If using a larger air fryer, the recipe might cook quicker so adjust cooking time.
- Preheating the Air Fryer is preferable, it creates a better sear on the steak. If you don’t preheat, add more time to the cooking.
- Remember to set a timer to shake/flip/toss the food as directed in recipe.