Sriracha Shrimp Cocktail Salad Recipe
Have you ever had a sriracha shrimp cocktail salad before? It’s loaded with shrimp cocktail, spicy flavors all on a bed of fresh lettuce. YUM! Even as an appetizer, sriracha shrimp cocktail is a crowd pleaser, particularly if everyone loves spicy food.
Low Carb Sriracha Shrimp Cocktail Recipe
Take a classic shrimp cocktail recipe, add sriracha and lettuce and you can make it into a healthy lunch or dinner. This is one of those recipes that doubles as a party appetizer and when you have leftovers or get the craving for something with a little zing for dinner, it serves as a great meal. Mix it up and add your favorite salad fixings like croutons, extra chopped vegetables and maybe even some cheese. Either way, you can’t go wrong if you love sriracha hot sauce and shrimp cocktail.
toss everything together and enjoy!
Tips for Making the Sriracha Shrimp Cocktail Salad
- Adjust the spice with using less or more Sriracha and horseradish.
- Fresh lemon juice will be much more bright than bottled juice. For a little extra lemony brightness, add some fresh lemon zest.
- Add different healthy or low carb salad toppings. Chopped tomatoes, cucumber, celery, mushroom, broccoli and cauliflower are some options.
- And of course you can just make the Sriracha shrimp cocktail without the lettuce and cucumber to have a tasty appetizer for your next gathering.
- For best serving, chill the shrimp cocktail ahead of time, and then let it warm up slightly at room temperature for about 20 minutes before serving. But if you don’t have the time, it is still great straight from the fridge.
What Size of Shrimp for Shrimp Cocktail?
- Use a larger shrimp, like a 21/25 or 26/30. The numbers mean there are about 21-25 or 26-30 shrimp per pound.
- If you only have smaller shrimp, it will work just fine too. You can cut them in larger pieces, maybe just in half. You’ll may have a small bite of shrimp, but it will still be delicious.
- For easiest preparation, buy deveined and shelled shrimp. You can either buy pre-cooked shrimp or cook them ahead of time (boiling, grilling, and air frying are our favorite methods).
Hope you enjoy our sriracha shrimp cocktail salad.
If you are a Sriracha lover, and mostly likely you are since you’ve made it this far, here’s some more from our sister site: Sriracha Recipes: Sriracha Roast Chicken with Sriracha Gravy, Sriracha Chicken Wings, Homemade Sriracha Hot Sauce.
Sriracha Shrimp Cocktail Salad
For the Salad:
- 5-6 cups (180-220 g) chopped lettuce (romaine hearts, green leaf, etc.)
- 1 large (1 large) cucumber , seeded and diced
For the Shrimp Cocktail:
- 1 pound (454 g) cooked shrimp , de-veined and shells removed
- 1/3 cup (80 g) ketchup , or more to taste (or tomato sauce)
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) Sriracha sauce or hot sauce, or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) soy sauce (or use Tamari Soy Sauce for Gluten Free)
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) fresh lemon juice
- black pepper to taste
- fresh lemon slices (optional)
- In bowl, combine ketchup, sriracha sauce, soy sauce, Worcestershire, horseradish, lemon juice, and black pepper. Stir to combine well. Refrigerate the cocktail sauce for about 30 minutes.
- Cut the shrimp into bite sized pieces and combine with the cocktail sauce.
- When ready to serve, toss together the lettuce, cucumbers, shrimp and cocktail sauce.
- Serve with fresh lemon slices.