Sriracha Shrimp Cocktail Salad Recipe
Low Carb Sriracha Shrimp Cocktail Recipe
Have you ever had a sriracha shrimp cocktail salad before? It’s loaded with shrimp cocktail, spicy flavors all on a bed of fresh lettuce. YUM! Even as an appetizer, sriracha shrimp cocktail is a crowd pleaser, particularly if everyone loves spicy food. But take a classic shrimp cocktail recipe, add sriracha and lettuce and you can make it into a healthy lunch or dinner. This is one of those recipes that doubles as a party appetizer and when you have leftovers, it serves as a great meal. Mix it up and add your favorite salad fixings like croutons, extra chopped vegetables and maybe even some cheese. Either way, you can’t go wrong if you love sriracha hot sauce and shrimp cocktail.
Hope you enjoy our sriracha shrimp cocktail salad. Another option is to add different healthy or low carb salad toppings. Chopped tomatoes, cucumber, celery, mushroom, broccoli and cauliflower are some options.
Sriracha Shrimp Cocktail Salad
For the Salad:
- 5-6 cups (180-220 g) chopped lettuce (romaine hearts or green leaf)
- 1 large (1 large) cucumber , seeded and diced
For the Shrimp Cocktail:
- 1 pound (454 g) cooked shrimp , de-viened and shells removed
- 1/3 cup (80 g) ketchup , or more to taste (or tomato sauce)
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) Sriracha sauce or hot sauce, or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) soy sauce (or use Tamari Soy Sauce for Gluten Free)
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) fresh lemon juice
- black pepper to taste
- fresh lemon slices (optional)
- In bowl, combine ketchup, sriracha sauce, soy sauce, Worcestershire, horseradish, lemon juice, and black pepper. Stir to combine well. Refrigerate the cocktail sauce for about 30 minutes.
- Cut the shrimp into bite sized pieces and combine with the cocktail sauce.
- When ready to serve, toss together the lettuce, cucumbers, shrimp and cocktail sauce.
- Serve with fresh lemon slices.